Chapter Eight: Sweat and Blood

After a second of surveying the room I look up toward the Alpha of the Copper Eyes Pack, I stare at him for a second then slowly lower my wolf head slightly exposing my neck in a Submissive manner. Ever since I was young I was taught to always respect those who are older than you, but that’s obvious because you have to respect your teachers at school and your parents. But within the pack I was taught to show even more respect and manners when it comes to dealing with the Alpha or even the Beta.
At the time I was being taught this I was only five, so I couldn’t really understand why I had to respect someone who was older.  I had a bad habit of getting myself in trouble because I would disrespect those who were older, either a teacher, one of my parents or someone who were friends with my parents.
But can you really blame me? I mean, you tell a five year old that you have to respect people who are older than you and they’ll look at you like you’ve lost your mind, because they should be able to get away with just about anything. Cause there five, they are still sweet and innocent.
I hear a soft growl come from the Alpha in reply to my gesture. I look back up and meet the Alpha’s friendly brown eyes as he smiles kindly at me – well gives me a wolfishly kind smile – I then watch as the large copper brown coloured wolf flicks his head to the side in a command like gesture. I nod my head once when I realise what he’s trying to tell me. ‘Follow me.’
The three large wolves move back out of the room one by one and stand out of the way as Tessa and I make our own way through the door. I nip Tessa on the left flank playfully as she passes through the door causing her to yelp and look at my while I laugh. As I walk next to her she bumps into my side causing me to hit into the wall with a yelp. I look over at her glaring but soon I join in as she laughs.
We follow the Alpha through the halls silently after he turns to us with a warning growl, Tessa and I stay behind the Alpha but in front of the other two as they keep watch for anyone who would sneak up behind us. Though I don’t think there is anyone because I’m pretty sure they are all outside wherever they need to be fighting.
Along the way more wolves meet up with us, each bringing their own rescued bundle from somewhere in this labyrinth of hallways. I try to look closely or at least catch a glance of each of the wolves but it’s too hard within these corridors. Everyone pushed tightly together as we all move in the same direction to get out of here.
I would really hate to be going through one of these halls when there’s traffic coming from both directions... That would not be fun in the slightest. I think to myself as I glance at Tessa from the corner of my eye watching as she looks down each corridor, as though she is looking for someone.
I nudge her shoulder gently catching her attention; I give her a knowing look. She lowers her head slightly shrugging sheepishly. I give her a faint reassuring smile. Knowing that she is worried about Quinn is sweet.
I hope Roman doesn’t get too hurt. He may have done horrible things to me, but in the end he was still nice to me for a couple of years. I think to myself as I absently follow the others. I guess I’m like Tessa, have a soft spot for the one who hurt me.
My nose twitches as I catch the scents of sweat and blood, coming of all the different rescued wolves, some of the boys walk with their tail between their legs as they warily keep an eye on those around them, others are limping or flinching with every step from various wounds. The girls look exhausted and scarred for life as they try to stay together in a tight knit group while staying as far as they can manage from the young male wolves around them.
We’re getting out of here!! My wolf jumps happily as she chants that over and over.
I mentally roll my eyes, a wolfish laugh slipping out of my mouth. I look over at Tessa as she gives me a questioning look; I just shake my big furry head.
Calm down you. I mutter to my wolf as she continues.
But we really are leaving right?! She questions, still ecstatic.
Yes. I reply to her after a short pause.
We can finally find our rightful mate! She cheers.
Yea, maybe . . . I mumble.
Oh shit! I think to myself as I pause for a second in trotting, the wolf behind me running into me. I whine a quick apology then go back to trotting catching up to Tessa. Why didn’t I think of that? My mate. Who will he be? Will he be nice? Or like Roman? No. No one can be like Roman but Roman. I sigh pulling myself back into reality.
The sounds of wolves fighting drift through the hallways as we continue forward, the smell of blood and sweat get even stronger – more so than they already are – which means that we’re getting closer to the fighting, which means closer to freedom.  Sounds of nature flitter into my hearing causing both me and my wolf to whine softly.
As we get closer to the corner of the hallway we’re currently on, a large grey and black coloured wolf steps around the corner instantly moving into a fighting stance as it catches sight of all of us, it’s lips pull back off its teeth as it snarls savagely at us, saliva and blood drip off its muzzle.
The Alpha slows until he’s stopped, causing the rest of us to follow suit or we’d run into one another, the wolves who came with the Alpha fidget restlessly behind Tessa and I as they watch their Alpha closely. He lowers his head a loud deep growl vibrating throughout his body and down the hall, the other wolf doesn’t even blink at the sound, instead it starts running down the hall towards us.
The Alpha growls again as the wolf gets closer but he doesn’t move. The grey and black wolf leaps into the air straight at the Alpha, all the Alpha does is use one of his giant paws and swipes it at the wolf hitting it and sending it flying into the wall. He moves over to the wolf as it starts to get back up.
He places a large paw on the wolves side forcing it back down, the Alpha then reaches his large copper brown furred head down gripping the other wolves throat snapping his jaws crushing the wolves windpipe and spinal cord with an audible crunch. Instantly the other wolf sags to the ground, its body shifting back into that of a young male no older the twenty-five.
The Alpha looks up at all of us as we wait silently for him to continue. He just stands there for a second staring at us; I just look at him weirdly causing him to grin wolfishly at me and laugh, turning on his heels he continues down the hall. We all follow after him, each of us moving back into trotting so that we can keep pass.
When we turn the corner, all I can see is dead or wounded bodies lying around the cave entrance, wolves still fighting up at the entrance. The sun blaring through the opening casts eerie shadows across the ground and the bodies littering it. The shadows of the fighting wolves flicker over the ground like a couple of dancers stuck in a dangerous dance.
Some of the wolves that were following us separate from the group searching the bodies for any wounded of their people, helping the wounded onto their backs and coming back to join the ranks. Others move in closely around all of us rescued ones as the keep us safely in the middle.
After a few minutes we move out but at running pass, the wolves creating the barrier around us not once breaking rank as they stay in their place. The Alpha runs up the front with the other two who came and saved Tessa and I. They lead the way through the camp into the trees, around the various other fights taking place out in the forest.
As we go other wolves appear through the trees, some joining our ranks, others throwing themselves at us as they try to break the ranks and get at anyone they can latch there blood covered teeth onto.

                                                               * * * * * * *

Helloooooooooo :)

Well that was the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.
Please let me know your thoughts in the form of a comment. If you have any questions do ask and i'll answer them as soon as I can.

So I'm gonna leave it there.

Anyway. I got to go.
It's freezing in the house and I don't really want my budgies to become frozen. So ima gonna take 'em outside for a while.

Byezzzzzzzzzzzzz

SoaringSpirit :D