Chapter Thirty: A Really Good Game

• Dedicated to Dedicating to one person is too hard :)

Derek’s P.O.V

I’m standing under the trees in the shade with the rest of my group, girls pretty much hanging of each of our arms. Katherine hangs onto my left arm as though she’s afraid that any minute now I’m going to disappear. Which I wish was true because she is slowly driving me insane.
We’re standing here watching as The Copper Eyes group that came here to drop off a couple of our packs members are leaving. Alpha Reid and his mate Leah are the first to go. Getting in their car and leaving as soon as the kids arrive. The group of Guards are next, not hesitating to get in there car and leave.
The four younger ones stay longer. Two of them waving a goodbye and jumping into the remaining car without so much as another backward glance. The Alpha’s daughter Tessa says goodbye to her friends here tears visible from here on her cheeks. Next is her older brother Nate, apparently he’s next in line to be Alpha of his pack.
No one really knows why he hasn’t already taken the position, there’s a rumour that he doesn’t want it, another saying he didn’t want to take the position until his sister was found. But whichever rumour is true he will still end up as the Alpha one day.
Nate and the girl from my pack Amethyst hug, their bodies too close. I look away toward my father as I watch him walk back inside our house. Probably off to his office to do some paper work because that’s the only thing he seems to be doing now-a-days.
Looking back over I watch as the final car speeds off sending dirt flying up behind it, a small smile slips onto my face as I realise that Nate isn’t that much of a goody-two-shoes so maybe he will be fun to get along with once we’re both Alpha’s.
A small steady stream of conversation starts up among my group as I watch Amethyst and her remaining friends walk off completely oblivious to the fact that people are watching them. I feel my wolf stir within me as the pull within my chest grows stronger for a second before once again fading ever so slightly.
Ever since yesterday the pull I always felt has gotten stronger, so strong that I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to be able to ignore it for. It’s teasing me telling me my mate, my true mate is close. That all I have to do is let it lead me to her.
Unfortunately for me Katherine has been hanging around me every minute of every day recently, I’m not sure if it’s her own doing or if my parents put her up to it but having her follow my every move is starting to get on my nerves.
“Derek babe.” Her high pitched voice breaks through my thoughts.
I slowly pull my attention toward her, watching with a sick feeling in my gut as she bats her lashes.
“What are you thinking about babe?” She asks in a sickly sweet voice.
 As I stare at her I realise what I have to do, my thoughts finally unjumbling themselves long enough for me to make a clear decision on what I have to do. With that thought in mind I knock her arms from my left one and walk away from her and everyone else there. Heading straight for my house, for my father’s office.
I can hear Katherine calling out to me as she pathetically runs after me, her heels getting tangled up in the grass allowing me to continue moving further and further away from her until I’m watching up the porch steps and into my house.
Turning left I walk to the wooden double doors and throw them open, catching my father by surprise as he drops the piece of paper he was looking at before back onto his cluttered desk top. He studies me for a silent minute as I march into his office and stand before his desk.
“What is it Derek? You know I have work to do.” He finally utters sounding exhausted.
“I’ve found her dad.” I say a smile slowly crawling onto my lips.
He studies me confusion briefly crossing his features. “Found who son?”
“My mate. My true mate.” I say as I lean my hands on his desk so we are closer to eye leave. “After all this time, I’ve finally found her.”
His eyes lighten up. “That’s good.”
I raise my eyebrow slightly. “I feel a ‘but’ coming.”
He sighs. “But… You only have till your nineteenth birthday to claim her otherwise you’ll have to stick with Katherine.”
“What?!” I practically shout. “Why?”
“The Elder Council will be here to wish you well and to make sure that you have claimed someone. Of course they will be expecting that someone to be Katherine.” He meets my gaze evenly.
“I’m not claiming Katherine. Never in my life will I.” I growl.
My father stands up his eyes darkening due to the fact that I spoke disrespectfully to him. “It’s not up to you or me to decide.” Is all he says.
“Well it’s either I have my real mate or I’ll kill myself before then.” I state evenly as I meet his darkening gaze.
“You wouldn’t.” He says as he realises what I just said.
Straightening up I cross my arms over my chest. “I would.”
“This pack needs an Alpha.” My father says sounding alarmed.
“And your there Alpha.” Is my reply.
He just looks at me his eyes slightly wide with alarm. “But your there future Alpha. Derek don’t be silly.” He argues.
“Then come up with a logical way for me to have my real mate by my side. Because she sure ain’t gonna let me claim her within the next two months. She doesn’t know me and especially not after what she’s been through.” I argue back trying to keep my temper under control.
Alpha Justin stares at me, thoughts flitting through his mind as he tries to think something over. “I think I now know who your mate is. It would have been nice if you had actually told me to begin with.” He likes older now than he was before, more worn.
“Sorry father.” I say after a moment unfolding my arms and letting them drops back to my sides.
“How about instead of fully claim her before your nineteenth at least mark her. If she is bearing your bite the Elder Council will have to put up with it because you have your mate by your side it’s just that you won’t be completely mated.” He looks at me the whole time while he says this gauging my reaction.
After a second to process what he just said I grin at him. “Sounds perfect.”
He returns my grin with a smile of his own. “Good. So you have just over one month to get this girl to full for you, plus Marking her. I suggest you do it before the Elder Council arrives but if you don’t that’s okay too.” My father informs me just as Katherine’s scent wafts into the room her heavy breathing causing me to turn and glare at her.
“I’ll leave you to your paper work father. I’m going to go celebrate with my friends with a good game of football.” I smile as I glance over my shoulder; he nods his head in return.
Turning my attention back to Katherine I stroll toward her then knock her out of the way as I swings the doors closed behind me, then I walk past her without saying a word. Moving through the front doors I scoop up the football and kick it out onto the grassed area. My friends instantly get up and run out from under the tree line leaving the girls there.
One of them picks up the ball and prepares to start a rough game of football, I take my place on the field knocking shoulders with Callium who is playing on the opposed team to me. I grin as the game starts and the ball flies to the other side of the grass area and straight through our make shift goal posts to score a goal for my team.
Cheers erupt through the field as we really get into the game, the ball going from one player to the next, scoring goals and points for both teams at a rapid pace. The whole time I have a permanent smile on my faces because; one I’m enjoying this game and two I’ve found my real mate finally and I have a good chance to be with her for the rest of my life.
Cheering is heard from the sidelines as the girls get into the game, shouting for one team to win while others shout for the other team. All of them obviously going for their mates. But it’s still gives us even more energy to play the game even harder and rougher.

           The End

                    ........ For Now

                                                *  *  *  *  *

Well that was chapter 30 :) I hope you enjoyed it :)
Let me know via COMMENTS/VOTES and/or FOLLOWING ME :)

Uploaded a new cover ..... What do you think of it?
I like this one more than my old one :) haha
Who do you think is on the cover? Post me a comment with the answer :)

Oooh and yes I changed the name of this story. The Old is The New was from the start only a working title. I think I like this one better, but it could change further down the track. Idk yet.

Anywho enough babbling from me :)

Enjoy your lives

SoaringSpirit