Chapter Nineteen: New Friends and Old Ones

Sitting on an old tattered cushion in my brothers home, aka the tent. I look around at the pile of clothes some neatly folded while others were just thrown to the side; some had tears in them while others were stained with blood. His make shift bed was an old camp bed that looks like its seen better days. A knife protrudes from a log the sits in the entrance to the tent, the handle of another sticks out from under the pillow lying at one end of his bed.

Claude looks around with a look of helplessness and hatred, but a mixture of sadness can be seen in the depths of his hazel eyes as he meets my gaze. He gingerly sits down on the bed testing the strength of it before putting all his weight on it, Tessa and Tommy sit on pillows next to me there expression of horror at what they are seeing.

Noah stands awkwardly slightly off to the side watching everyone closely as we all examine what he calls his home. His gaze flickers to mine but he lowers his eyes in shame for a minute before looking over to his mate.

Claude watches Noah closely, his hazel eyes taking in every movement my brother makes as he fidgets awkwardly. Claude’s eyes drift over the frame of my brother as he checks him over. His gaze stopping on something as anger boils up within his gaze. “Where did they come from?” He demands standing up and stepping closer to my brother.

Noah fidgets with the sleeves of his old long sleeve shirt, making sure they cover his arms. “I don’t know what you’re talking about?” He mumbles as he watches his mate cautiously. Secrets hidden within the depths of his eyes.

Claude growls slightly, but Noah doesn’t make a single move. “The scars.” Then grabs my brothers hands gently holding one in each but doesn’t make any other movement. “Where did you get them from?” His tone softens.

Noah stares his mate dead in the eyes. “I don’t wish to talk about it!” He says coldly.

Claude opens his mouth to argue but my brother walks forward making Claude sit on the bed, Noah sits down beside him gently pulling his hands away from his mate. He turns to look at me, then towards Tommy and Tessa. “I remember you Tommy. Slightly our parents were friends back in the day. Though I never really knew you or your brother.” He says in a calm voice. “It’s good to see that you are alright, I don’t know what would have happened to your brother if he found out otherwise after praying for so long that you were alive still.”

Tommy looks taken aback for a second before he regains his composure. “How do you know that about my brother even though you don’t know him?” He asks his face twisting in agony at the mention of his brother.

Noah looks away for a split second. “When you’re an Omega, you learn to move quietly. To be a ghost when moving from place to place because you don’t want to draw attention to yourself.” He rubs his arms absent mindedly. Claude places his hand over my brothers as reassurance.

“Why are you the Omega?” I finally speak up. My wolf sleeping at the back of my mind, her rage most dried up.

Noah glances at me shifting in his spot uncomfortably under my intense questioning gaze. “Like moth – that woman said; I allowed you to get kidnapped.” He mutters quietly watching my closely.

“Sounds more like they just wanted someone to blame for my disappearance and you were the best option.” I mumble in a dead tone to myself but everyone can hear because we’re all werewolves.

An emotion flitters through Noah’s eyes but vanishes before I can make out what it is.  “But what if it was my fault?” He questions hatred toward himself showing in his eyes.

“I was awake when you tucked me into bed that night, I watched you check the window then leave my room. It wasn’t until close to midnight when I was startled awake by someone picking my up putting a hand over my mouth and passing me out the window to someone else.” I say as I remember the blurry images in my mind. “I must have fallen back asleep sometime during the trip back to their Pack, because the next thing I awoke to was sitting in a chair with my arms cuffed waiting for whoever the office belonged too to return. Alpha Mitchell, the father of Roman.” I finish as I refocus my distant gaze on my brother who has a mixture of emotion on his face, same as Claude even though he doesn’t actually know me.