Birthday dinner

After a few hours of me and my mother throwing Eithan from one end of the yard to the other, he finally called a time out.  He was out of breath and sweating while my mother and I were the same as when we began.  It was funny really.

   Eithan went upstairs to shower before dinner while Pookie and I sat the table.  While we were out beating up on Eithan, Sebastian and Dimitri made dinner.  Sebastian had asked me earlier, if I could have anything special to eat for my birthday, what would it be?  Of course I chose lasagna.  I haven't had a good lasagna in years it seemed.  To my surprise, the guys pulled it off.  Dinner was wonderful!  We were just about to cut into the birthday cake that they surprised me with when I hear someone clear their throat.  We all turn around at the same time to see Lonna standing against the doorway.  "Save me any?  I'm starved," she says then walks in and sets down beside Sid.  "Long time no see kid," Sidney says then hands Lonna a plate filled with lasagna. 

   No one spoke a word as we watched Lonna eat.  She didn't look up from her plate until it was completely empty.  "What's with all the staring?," Lonna asks.  Dimitri was the first to speak, "Do you remember anything that happened after we got to Daisy's house?"  We all wait patiently while Lonna closes her eyes to concentrate.  "Yes I do, I remember getting snatched up by someone.  I was pulled into a dark room then after that everything seems alittle fuzzy," Lonna says with a worried look on her face, "I didn't hurt any of you did I?"  "No you didn't. We were able to get you back here for the girls to help change you back before anything like that could happen," says Sebastian. 

   Pookie got up and started towards the living room," I'm going to check on Lyza and see if there's any change."   "I don't remember much about what happened," Lonna says," It was like I was looking through my eyes but someone else was controlling my body.  I tried to scream so that you could hear me but nothing happened.  I didn't see how Daisy changed me because it was dark in the room I was pulled into but I could hear that it was her that was talking to me.  She told me that she was going to make you all pay by using your friends to kill you.  I'm really sorry I let her get to me.  I should've listened to Dimitri and stayed behind."  Lonna looks down at her hands clearly upset.  I put my hand on hers, "You did nothing wrong.  Daisy is very powerful.  She could've gotten to any one of us." 

   Just then Pookie walks back in the kitchen and sets down, "There's no change with Lyza.  It's got to be a coma.  Why didn't she wake up when Lonna did?"  "Maybe it's because Lyza was under Daisy's power longer," Dimitri says, "Hopefully she will wake up soon.  My concern is how she's going to handle the fact that Daisy made her kill Darla."  We all nod our heads in agreement.  "Well I know one thing for sure," says Lonna, "I can't wait to get my hands on Daisy.  I can't wait to see that bitch burn for what she's done." 

   "Soon enough," says Sebastian, "The good thing right now is that she has no idea where we are.  It'll give us time to figure out how to handle her.  And hopefully Lyza will wake up soon.  We definitely don't need Daisy to find us while Lyza is still out, there's no telling what she'll do with her then.  I'm sure she won't make it quite as easy to get Lyza back if she's able to get her hands on her again." 

   "I'm really tired, I think I'm gonna turn in," Pookie says, wiping her eyes.  She gets up and hugs me hard around the neck.  "I don't know what's come over me," she says," I'm suddenly so tired, I can barely hold my eyes open.  Happy birthday Susie."  Eithan grabs Pookie by the hand and they head upstairs.

                                                                 Pookie's POV

   What's come over me?  One minute I'm fine and the next I can barely hold my eyes open.  Good thing I have Eithan to help me up the stairs.  Eithan grabs me around the waist, "Are you okay?  Do you want me to carry you?"  "No, I'm okay.  I just need to lay down," I say.  "Do you want me to stay with you?  I can if you want me to," Eithan offered.  "No, it's okay.  I'm sure that I'll be out the minute my head hits the pillow.  Thank you for walking me to my room though." I say then kiss Eithan gently on the lips.  "Anytime," he says, then kisses me on the forehead and lays me down covering me up.  "Please come and wake me up if anything changes with Lyza," I say as Eithan walks out the door.  He turns and nods his head then blows me a kiss and shuts the door.  I fell instantly into a deep sleep. 

   "Finally!," says Darla, " I thought I was going to have to make you pass out right there at the table."  "You almost did," I reply," What is it?  Why couldn't you just appear to me like you did in the mirror before?"  "Actually that's a good question," Darla says, "I think maybe it's because there's no mirrors downstairs.  Or maybe you have to be by yourself.  I don't know, all I do know is that I've been trying to get through to you for what seems like hours now and I couldn't until you were asleep."  "Well don't make that a habit okay," I say, "I don't like feeling like I'm about to pass out at any minute."  I take a look around and notice that I'm still in my room but everything has a slight glow to it.  It's pretty really.  "Why won't Lyza wake up?,"  I ask, hoping Darla may have the answer.  "Daisy had control over her for too long.  I'm not sure how long she may be out.  I'm really not even sure that she'll ever wake up," Darla replies, then starts to pace back and forth.  "I've seen her, or at least a part of her.  It was almost as though she was see through and she looked completely lost," Darla says.  "But that's impossible right?  Lyza is still alive," I say, a bit worried.  "I think that what I saw may have been the part of her that wants to let go.  She knows what she did to me and she blames herself." Darla says as she stops pacing in front of me, "I tried to explain to her that it wasn't her fault but she just put her hands over her face and vanished.  I've only seen her the one time but hopefully I'll see her again and maybe I can convince her to forgive herself, then maybe she will wake up."  "What can we do to try to help her?,"  I ask.  "I'll keep looking for the part of her that I saw before.  The only thing I know that may work on your end is to talk to her.  She is in a deep coma but should be able to hear you.  Maybe if we both tell her  to forgive herself for what she done, then maybe she'll wake up."   "Sounds like as good a plan as any," I say, "Instead of you making me feel like I'm about to pass out  to be able to talk to me, how about I come upstairs to the mirror I first seen you in, everyday at the same time then you can talk to me that way?"  "Deal," says Darla. 

  She faded away and I woke up feeling like I slept for hours.  I walk downstairs and everyone was still sitting around the kitchen table drinking coffee.  Well everyone except Dimitri and Sebastian, who were drinking out of big dark cups.  I never asked them but was pretty sure it was blood.  To each his own I guess.

                                                                    Susie's POV

   "Your awake," I ask Pookie as she walks into the room, "You were only upstairs about an hour.  You just need a power nap?"  "Something like that," Pookie says, as she sits down next to Eithan and kisses him on the cheek, "Actually, Darla visited me again.  She couldn't make me see her down here for some reason so she made me go to sleep so she could talk to me."  Pookie continued on to tell us all that Darla had said to her.  When she was done with her story she looked from face to face waiting on replies.  "So now there's ghosts here too," Sid asks, "Boy the hits never stop do they?"  "She's not here to haunt or hurt anyone," Pookie says, " I think she just wants to make sure Lyza is okay before she can move on." My mother turns to Pookie, "I think we should all take turns talking to Lyza.  I didn't know her but I've heard that people in coma's can here what people are saying.  It couldn't hurt for all of us to try."  "I'll go first," Pookie says, then gets up and moves to sit beside the couch that Lyza laid on.  I'm not sure if this is going to work but trying anything is better then doing nothing at this point.  Plus, I have a bad feeling that Daisy's getting close to finding us again.  We have to be prepared...strength in numbers!