My boyfriend's a vampire?

"Two hundred and seventy five  years old?  Come on Dimitri be serious, no one's that old." I say between laughs.  I hadn't realized till now that I was the only one laughing, and now I was very nervous.  Why didn't anyone else think it was funny?  He couldn't be serious, right?!

   "Yes Susie, I was made the way I am now in 1758.  I was twenty two at the time.  I had just returned home from the war to find that both of my parents were sick with the measles.  They both died soon after my arrival home, leaving me with my two little brothers to look after.  This was not a job I took lightly. You see, I hadn't seen my family in nearly five years.  I got a job as a blacksmith in a nearby shop which left the boys here alone most of the time.  But Sebastian being the oldest at seventeen, I knew, could take care of little Jillian who was only eight at the time." 

   I interrupted Dimitri, I thought it was high time to call his bluff.  "So you mean to tell me that not only are you two hundred and seventy five but Sebastian is two hundred and seventy  years old?  And you guys are just standing here looking young and normal.  AND you have yet another brother?  Seriously Dimitri, how do you expect us to take you seriously with such a ridiculous story?!"  I like stories just as much as the next person but this one was getting alittle out of hand.

   "This my dear Susie is why I asked you all to keep an open mind." And with that he opened a picture album I hadn't noticed was sitting in front on him and slid it to me.  I was in shock to say the least.  There in front of me was a black and white photo of Dimitri and Sebastian dressed in what could only be described as old timey clothes.  They were standing in front of a horse drawn carriage with serious looks on their faces. While up in the seat of the carriage sat a small boy with blond hair smiling from ear to ear.  It was a very good picture and I would have complimented on it under different circumstances.  But the moment I realized that Dimitri was telling the truth I jumped up and ran for the door.

   I had to get out of here.  If what Dimitri said was the truth then that could only mean one thing.  Sebastian and Dimitri were vampires.  I've seen what Daisy is like and there was no way in hell that I was gonna stick around to be eatin.

   Before I could even reach the door Sebastian was there.  Arms outreached he pleads with me..."Please Susie, let me explain."  "Let you explain?!  I know what you are, and you've lied to me all this time.  How could you?" I scream, tears stinging my eyes.  I couldn't believe he hadn't told me that he is a vampire.  Now I knew the friend Pookie had been talking about.  I guess this is what she meant by him telling me this 'friend' would tell me in his own time.

     Sebastian moved towards me and I quickly backed away.  I could see the pain in his eyes but he had lied to me and I just couldn't be around him right now.  I needed to try to obsorb the fact that the man I had fallin in love with is a vampire. 

   I turned and started walking up the stairs.  I looked back at Sebastian..."I need to think, I'm going to my room, don't follow me!"  With hurt on his face he just nods and says, "Take all the time you need.  I'm sorry that I hurt you!" 

   Pookie and Lyza followed me to my room where I broke down in sobs.  The girls waited patiently for a few minutes then I heard the all too familiar words from Lyza and felt her touch my face calming me from my cries.  Lyza grins, " I thought I'd give you a few minutes to cry it out, I thought you deserved that.  But you know I don't like to see someone upset when I know I can fix it."  Thank you was my only reply.

   "Where's Darla?" I say when I realize she's not there.  "She went outside when we came up here.  Guess the whole scene was too much for her." Pookie said.  Darla had been doing that alot lately.  I would have to ask her about that soon.  Right now the big question was ....what the hell where we gonna do now.

   Before I could even ask Pookie answered me.  "You know he's the same Sebastian he's always been right?  He's not like Daisy, he's not bad.  And he really cares about you, we can all see that.  Give him the chance to explain things before you make any decisions.  Please..." 

   "Am I the only one who didn't know about this?"  I ask.   "Well, Darla knew he was different but didn't know exactly how and I don't think any of us knew how old Sebastian actually is.  I'm not sure any of us had the nerve to ask."  Pookie says with a smile.  "Not all vampires are the same.  There's very few that are like Daisy. Let Sebastian tell you his story, then if you want to leave then I will go with you", Pookie hugs me then heads for the door,  "Is it okay to send him up to talk with you?"  I hesitate but tell her yes.

  I'm not sure what broke my heart more...the fact that Sebastian hadn't told me what he was or the look on his face as he walked into my room.  I knew now for certain that I love him with all my heart and I will forgive him but first I needed to know his story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is kinda short but I needed to upload....I will get back to writing more soon!  Please let me know what you think  about it so far!  Thanks!  In the photo from left to right is Dimitri- Eithan- and Sebastian