Never a dull moment

Dimitri's POV

   I swear, Daisy better not do anything to my house.  I won't be surprised if she destroys it though.  Not after what Eithan did to hers.  I must say, I know that what we did was risky but knowing that we have Lyza and Lonna back is worth it.   I can hear them in the truck.  They've both woken up and they are pissed.  We're going to have a hell of a fight on our hands once we get to Sid's. 

   Sidney is an old friend of mine.  I've known him since he was just a boy.  Of course, I was the same age then as I am now.  Sidney came into my store one day.  He couldn't have been more than six or seven.  He was all dirty and hungry.  He said his parents had both died of malaria and left him to fend for himself.  I, of course, couldn't just let this boy leave without knowing he was okay so I had him come live with us.  It didn't take long before he figured out that Sebastian and I didn't age like he did.  When I explained to him that we are vampires he was strangely okay with it.  I thought for sure he would freak out but all he said was, "I knew something was up with you guys."  He never really brought it up again.  That's just how Sid is.  He's the don't ask, don't tell kinda guy and I like it that way.

                                                              Susie's POV

   We pull up in front of this big house that looked almost like it could be a hotel.  Well, except for all the cars out front.  I'm guessing that this Sidney character that Sebastian told me about is a mechanic.  Sebastian told me that Dimitri took Sid in when he was just a boy.  Said he stayed with them until he was old enough to live on his own then they bought him this house.  I guess when you've lived for over two hundred years money isn't really something you have to worry about. 

   We all get out of the cars stretching our legs.  A man comes out of the house and grabs Sebastian in a big bear hug.  "You got old," Sebastian says laughing.  "Yeah but I'm still pretty," Sidney says then hugs him again.  "Get over here you," Sidney says to Dimitri, "It's been too damn long.  You don't call, you don't write."  They both laugh and then Dimitri begins introducing everyone.  Sid shakes all of our hands as we are introduced.  When Dimitri gets to my mother Sidney takes a step back and puts his hand to his mouth.  "My my, you haven't changed a bit.  I've heard so much about you.  You finally came back huh?  Your the only woman I've ever heard Dimitri talk about.  He carried a picture of you in his wallet for years.  I'll bet it's still in there," Sid says.  "I think you've embarrassed my brother enough for one day," Sebastain says," We've got a problem we're going to need your help with real quick."  About that time Lyza and Lonna start beating on the truck.  "When I get out of here I'm going to kill every last one of you," Lyza yells.  "Make that two problems," Dimitri says.

   "What boys, didn't have enough room in the car so you put a couple of your friends in the truck," Sid says with a chuckle.  "No, Daisy got a hold of them," Sebastian says.  "Daisy huh?  I haven't heard that name in a long time," Sid says, "I'll get the rope."  It amazes me how everyone is always so calm about things like this. 

   "Girls I'm gonna need you to stay back.  I don't want any of you getting hurt.  If one of them get lose, Susie, hit her with some of that bad ass blue light you kicked my butt with," Eithan says.  I nod my head and me and the girls step back.  I get into a fighting stance ready to knock  the girls back if they tried to escape. 

   Dimitri takes the keys out of his pocket and hits the truck button.  Lonna and Lyza burst out of the trunk like wild animals with eyes black as night.  Sebastian and Dimitri quickly grab the girls while Sidney ties them up.  The guys throw them over their shoulders and we all walk in Sid's house.  The guys tie Lyza and Lonna to two chairs in the living room and put handkerchiefs over their mouths.