A good plan or a trap

I can't seem to get  the look on Darla's face when Lyza broke her neck out of my mind.  It has been a week now since we got back with my mother.  This was suppose to be a time of happiness not of mourning.  Who would've thought that any of this was going to happen? 

   The guys buried Darla about two acres behind the house.  I couldn't bare to go with them, Lonna and Pookie agreed.   This is all just so surreal!  How could all of this happen just in the short time it took us to rescue my mother?  I'm sure all of us will deal with this in our own way but right now it just doesn't seem real at all. 

   Me and my mother have been inseparable since she's been here.  It's as if she's always been here.  There was never any awkwardness between us like you would think.  It's almost like we just picked up where our story left off.  She never speaks of my father so I don't ask.  I figure that once she's ready to talk about him then she will. 

   She and Dimitri haven't spoken much.  It's almost as if they're scared to speak to one another.  Maybe they just need time to adjust to being together again.  They've both had feelings for each other for all these years, maybe they just need to find the courage to face those feelings. 

   Every night this week we've pretty much ate in silence.  No one wanting to bring up the dreaded subject of Daisy.  Her hold over Lyza proved to be far more powerful then any of us anticipated.  Who would've thought that she would've been able to make Lyza kill Darla so easily.  They were such close friends.  I think the lingering question on everyone's mind is...what else will she have Lyza do?

    Dimitri was the first to break the silence.  "I know that we're all dealing with losing Darla and I hate to bring her up but we have to talk about Daisy.  Her hold over Lyza is far stronger than I thought I was and if we still plan to try to save her then we need to act fast.”

   “I agree,” I say, “but how are we suppose to find Lyza? We have no idea where she and Daisy are.”

   “I think I may know where to find them. You see I had a run in with Daisy about seventy five years ago. She came into my shop. She knew right away that I'm a vampire and tried to talk to me. She wanted to make an army, she wanted to control the humans. When I declined her offer she told me I would be sorry. I didn't see her again for about a month until one day I was walking down the alley. I thought I heard someone calling for me. And that's how I got this.” Dimitri points to the scar on his forehead. “I was about half way down the alley when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was hit in the head with a two by four. I woke up in a mansion right outside of town. Daisy again tried to 'reason' with me. I declined again and she ordered one of her minions to take me out and kill me. I'm not sure how but I was able to escape. With my head hurting the way that it did I kept having black outs. I somehow made it back here and I hadn't heard anything else about Daisy until Sebastian and Lyza came to see me.”

  “Why were you still injured? I thought vampires were suppose to heal quicker then humans.” Pookie asked. “That's only true if you drink directly from your donor. Or in Daisy's case, her victim. You see Sebastian and I get our blood from a blood bank,” Dimitri replies. “It's said that vampires are alike in many ways. One of them being, that we like to stay in the home we were in before we were turned. I'm not sure why this is but I know that's it's true. I know that Daisy is far worse then we are and she may not even still live there. But it's the only thing we've got to go on right now. I think that we should check it out.”

   “I want to go,” I say. “I don't think that's a very good idea,” says Dimitri. “I think it should be Sebastian and myself only. We can't risk losing anyone else.” Lonna stands up, “I'm going. I can be of some use even if it's just a diversion. I won't take no for an answer Dimitri.” “Fine then. It will be us three and we leave at dawn.”

   We all got up from the table and Dimitri and Lonna head upstairs to get things ready. I grab Sebastain and hug him tight. “Bring Lyza back here with you. We will figure out how to change her back. I want you all back here safe and unharmed. Do you hear me?” I felt a tear fall down my face. “I can't lose anybody else. You guys are my family and I can't be without you. Promise me you'll be okay.”

   He takes my face in his hands. “I love you Susie and I promise you that I will return. I can't swear that I'll be unharmed but I will come back to you.” Sebastian smiles, “We will try our best to bring Lyza back with us. While we're gone I know that you will be doing more worrying then anything else but I need you, Pookie, and Reana to try to figure out a way to get Lyza back to normal.” “I promise,” I say then Sebastian turns and goes upstairs.

   I know I should have more faith that they will return safely but I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen.

  The minute they left we started trying to figure out how we could fix Lyza. “We should be able to do this girls. With all of the gifts we have combined there has to be a way,” my mother says, “I don't know what kind of hold this Daisy has on your friend because I haven't seen her yet but once they bring her back here then I'm sure we can figure something out. For now I think we should sit here in a circle and join hands.” We do as my mother says. “Now I want you two to concentrate, find your center.” Like before, I feel a burning in my hands. I open my eyes to see that we are at least two feet off the ground. Startled by this I gasp and break the circle. We fall to the ground and my mother begins to laugh. “Ouch,” she says, “I didn't expect that to happen but next time Susie, try to keep the circle connected. That way we don't fall on our butts.” We all laugh.

   We join hands again and this time I keep my eyes open. I figure if there's no surprises then maybe we won't be falling again. All the sudden an image starts playing out right before my eyes. How were we doing this? I gasp and mother and Pookie open their eyes and do the same. Right here in the circle we could see Lonna, Sebastian, and Dimitri getting out of Lonna's car.

   They were on a vacant road and they started whispering to each other. We can't hear what they're saying but just seeing them is enough for me right now. They start running up the road until a big white house comes into view. The house is even bigger then this one, it has to be Daisy's. They slow down and whisper something else to each other. Man, I wish we could hear them! They go to the back door which is surprisingly not being guarded. Lonna pulls out her knife, turns the door knob and they all go in. They go past the first room and into the hallway where they're met by three girl vampires. Their fangs are out and they start hissing. We had somehow started being able to hear what was happening. My mother was right, our gifts together are strong.

   One of the vampires lunge at Lonna sending her flying across the room and hitting the wall hard. Sebastain jumps in front of her and hisses at the vampire. I've never seen him with his fangs out and I must say, he doesn't look like my Sebastain at all right now. He's scary looking!

   Sebastain jumps on the vampire and bites her hard on the neck sending blood flying from her. He twists her head and rips it off. He looks over to see Dimitri doing the same to the other girl. Just then they hear Lonna scream. The third vampire has her from behind pulling her into another room where she slams the door. The guys run to the door but it's too late...Lonna is nowhere to be found.