And so it begins

Rheana's POV

   I can't believe it, I'm finally going to be out of this place.  I'm finally going to be with my daughter.  Oh how I've missed her!  Our dream last night was short but I know she'll figure out where I am.  I must be ready for when she comes.  I'm stronger now since I stopped taking the medications the doctors here bring me every night.  I really think getting out of this place will be a good thing.  I was scared before but not anymore.  Not only will I have Susie back but Sebastian and Dimitri will be there too.  Susie said Dimitri still has feelings for me.  Just the thought of him makes my heart beat faster and my palms sweat.  I never thought I would see him again. 

    I wonder how he's going to act when he realizes that I've barely aged.  It's been sixteen years and I only aged for the first few that I was here.  Somehow I was able to stop the aging process all together.  The funny thing is, no one around here seemed to even notice.  I mean, how could they not notice that a thirty four year old woman still looks like she's twenty?  I wear baggy scrubs for the most part and no makeup so maybe that would keep them from questioning anything but who cares really?  I'm about to be out of here and that's all that matters. 

   I'm not really sure what made me want to stop aging.  I guess somewhere deep down I thought that  maybe I would get out one day.  And maybe be able to finally be with Dimitri.  I've loved him for so long.  A knock on my window scares the crap out of me nearly sending me flying out of my chair.

   "You found me," I say.  There standing at my window was my beautiful Susie. 

   My escape was easier then I expected.  I'm sure it helped that when I touched Susie's face my gifts were somehow instantly stronger.  I was able to hide any noise of my escape from the doctors and the security guards.  For all they knew I was alone in my room getting ready for bed.  It would be hours before anyone checked up on me and by then we would be far away from this place. 

   We were almost to the gate when Susie grabs her ears and falls to the ground.  What was happening?  Sebastian picks her up from the ground and asks what was going on.  Susie says something about girls being loose then takes off running again.  It wasn't until we were safe in the car and away from Grey Gardens that I asked what was going on. 

                                                          Susie's POV

   "It's Lyza, she killed Darla!"  I didn't mean to yell.  My mother looks at me with a puzzled look on her face.  Sebastian reaches over and pulls me closer to him.  I put my head on his shoulder and cry as he begins explaining the situation to my mother.

   When he was finished my mother had tears coming down her face.  "Oh Susie, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to be with you through all of this.  But I am here now and we are going to figure this all out together.  We are stronger together, I felt that back at Grey Gardens."  She puts her hand in mine and we set that way for half of the ride.

  Dimitri was driving and hadn't said a word since we got back to the car.  Every now and then he would look in the rear view mirror at my mother.  I could see the love in his eyes but there was something else there.  Almost like he was confused or maybe it was just the shock of seeing her after all these years.  This would have to be questions for another time.  Right now I had to try to tune back in to Pookie.

   I set up straight and concentrate.  Like before, I was looking through Pookie's eyes.  "What is Lyza doing now?," I ask her.  "I'm not sure," she says.  " She tied up Lonna next to me then went into the kitchen.  I think she's actually eating.  How can she eat after killing Darla?  Susie I'm scared, how long until you guys get here?"  I could feel the panic that Pookie was feeling.  Pookie looks towards the kitchen so that I could see Lyza.  She was standing in the door of the kitchen smiling at her. 

     With her eyes black as night Lyza smiles an evil smile.  "Quite the predicament you ladies are in here.  Seems the calvary isn't coming to your rescue.  Looks like this Reana character is more important.  They can't say I didn't warn them.  I told them it was a bad idea to leave you two little weaklings here alone with me."  Lyza walks and stands in front of the girls.  Lonna had finally regained consciousness.  She looks up at Lyza, "What are you going to do to us?"  "Wouldn't you like to know.  I thought you were suppose to be a psychic.  Shouldn't you already know?,"  Lyza says then laughs. 

  "That's not how it works," Lonna says.  "I have to touch you to see your future plans for us."  "You need a touch," Lyza says, "here you go."  Lyza slaps Lonna hard sending her to the ground.  "Just stop it!" Pookie yells.  "I wanted to kill you both but Daisy has bigger plans for you so I guess I'll let you live, for now."  Lyza says then walks out the front door.

  I open my eyes and I'm back in the car.  "We need to hurry.  Lyza is gone now but she may come back with Daisy.  We can't let her get to them before we do."  Dimitri steps on the gas.  "We're only about thirty minutes away now," he says.

  The door was standing wide open when we pulled up.  We all jump out of the car and run in the house.  Pookie gasps when we come running in. "I thought it was Lyza coming back with Daisy.  Thank God it's you guys instead."    I run and get a knife and cut Pookie and Lonna free and I check Lonna's head.  She had a big gash in her forehead from where she hit the ground. 

  Eithan runs from room to room then comes back to where we're all standing.  "Where's Darla's body?  Didn't you say Lyza killed her?"  He was almost shouting.  "I don't know why but Lyza drug her outside," Lonna says.  "If you didn't see her when you pulled up then that must mean that Lyza took her with her."  "Surely not," Eithan says.  Then him and Sebastain run outside to look.  I follow them outside and instantly regret it.  We rounded to the side of the house and almost ran into Darla.  Her lifeless body was hanging from the tree.  There on her shirt was a message written in blood.  'WE'RE NOT DONE HERE!'