The Thief's Revenge - Addition to Ch 35 [previous chapter]

Hey there.

I decided to add the end of the dream as part of the previous chapter because the next chapter is mostly about Kayli's break-in.

Sorry, I'm completely tied up with work at the moment so writing time is pretty rare.

Enjoy this small upload :)

x

______________________

End of Chapter Thirty-Five

______________________

"Where the hell are you?" he repeated, giving me a small shake.

I almost simply gave him the answer. His eyes were narrowed into slits and his lips were pressed so tightly together that they were a light pink, verging on white. He was holding himself back, waiting for me to answer. But surely he knew that I couldn't tell him.

"Erm." That was all I was able to say. I didn't want to lie and give him the wrong area but I couldn't tell him that there was no way that I would tell the truth.

His hands released me without warning and I landed with a thud onto my feet, my hips aching from where he had gripped too tightly. His free hands clenched and he seemed to pull them behind his back, away from me.

"I'd get out of this dream if I were you," he said gravely.

It was like he had taken the words, notched them to a bow and shot them through my chest. It hurt.

"Is that some kind of threat?" I asked in a wobbly voice. Tears were threatening to escape. "I know that you won't harm me."

"You're sure about that?" he said slowly, like a teacher who was giving a student a second chance.

"Y-Yes." I studied his stiff figure, his wild eyes. "Yes," I said more firmly. "You love me."

"I've hurt you before, Hunter," he said in a dark tone.

"Yes but I don't think that it was purposely done."

He had a dangerous look in his eyes. I took a step back.

"Stop," he muttered. I knew immediately that this wasn't a request. I felt the coolness of his magic sliding up my muscles, freezing them.

"Maybe I'll keep you here, in my subconscious, until I find your body."

I felt a jolt run through me. "Can you even do that?" I wondered aloud.

He lowered his brows and clenched his jaw. "No harm in trying," he said through his teeth.

My muscles were warm again and I could move but I remained still. "Err, there might be a bit of harm in that, you don't actually know. Anyway, keeping me here would leave me sleeping, unable to eat or drink. I'd die."

He bunched my shirt into his fist and pulled me towards him so that we were less than a foot apart. "Then tell me where you are and you won't dehydrate."

I wrapped my fingers around his wrist and glared at him. "Liam! Quit. It. You're being selfish." His jaw twitched and he was breathing deeply as if to compose himself but I carried on, "I want to be with you as much as you want to be with me -"

"Then Come Back!" he exploded.

I shook my head, using a slow and smooth voice to get through his rage. "I promised Fletcher and I promised Luke that I would help. When it's all over and done I'll return to you."

His hand loosened and he took a step back. "Luke? Luke the boy that you dated?"

Ugh! I thought I had calmed him but it turned out the green monster was now having his word. "Liam, Luke was the 'boy' that I once had a MEETING with. No date."

"Tony said you two had fun."

I bristled at his accusatory tone. "Well I'm sorry that we didn't rip out each other's throats, if that would've made you happier. Luke is a fun guy, it doesn't mean I've fallen in love with him."

Suddenly his arms were around me and I was squeezed tightly against him. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he said hoarsely. "I'm going insane and my already turbulent emotions are on overload. I'm going to tell James to stop these dreams."

My breath stopped for a second and I squirmed in his rock hard arms. "What? Why?"

"I should be using all my efforts to find the real you, not the 'you' who stands in my dreams."

I trod on his foot but he didn't release me. "But you need to sleep."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm sure my kid brother will force me to at some point. You do what you have to do, Kayli, and fast. Because I am going to find you fast."