The Thief's Revenge - Ch 27 [taken for granted]

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Taken For Granted

________________________

"How tempting?" he repeated. He stepped forward, causing me to stumble back. My legs hit the bed side. I jumped in shock as his hands, at my waist, slid under the shirt to my skin and moved up and around to my back. His touch on my bare skin made my knees tremble. My pants slipped lower and I quickly grabbed onto them, holding them in a firm grip to keep them up.

Because his arms had caused my shirt to go up, when he pulled me against him, the skin of my stomach connected with his heated skin. Sharp warmth flooded through me, short bursts of flame all the way to my tingling toes. I gasped, the only breath I managed to get in before his lips swooped down onto mine.

This kiss was different to any previous one. It was soft and harsh at the same time. Unbelievable and real, comforting and scary. I wanted to stop but wished it would go on forever. When he finally moved back, I remembered to breathe.

"I think that should answer your question," he murmured softly. His hands slid down my back and returned to his sides. My own hands were still holding my pants, clenching tight. He stood there silently in front of me, his eyes watching me carefully. What was he looking for?

"Are you sure you want to do this?" his voice trembled as he spoke softly. I didn't have to ask for clarification. Now I knew what he had been searching my face for; reluctance.

My palms were now sweating, my heart beating erratically. I nodded and saw his eyes light up, his expression turning to delight. He pressed his lips against mine once more. And the world exploded behind my lids, bright, wondrous colours flooding my vision. I kissed him back hungrily and he slowly lowered me down to the bed, his body hovering over mine. He knelt in between my legs and took hold of my hands that were grasping the loose pants, slowly prying them away. He lifted them to his neck and I clasped them together at the nape.

"I want you Liam," I said aloud, unable to stop myself. My blood was pounding through my veins, I was sure he could hear it. His head lowered, his lips only a few inches from mine. His eyes were dark, near black.

"I need you, Kayli."

** **

I woke slowly, my thoughts lingering on a hot, breath-taking dream. My eyes struggled to open, the lids feeling heavy. I rolled over and then blinked, finding the space next to me was empty. I glanced at the clock on the wall. Twelve o'clock... TWELVE!

I shot upright, then suddenly realised I wasn't wearing any clothing. I pulled the sheet up to cover me and looked around for the shirt and pants. The shirt lay next to the bed, in easy reach, I quickly slipped it on. It came down below my thighs so I felt a little more covered when I stepped down off the bed. I couldn't find them anywhere in the room. Where the hell had he thrown them? I opened his closet doors and rummaged through the stacks of clothing, trying to find some pants to wear before I went in search of Liam.

"Looking for something?" his voice was low, coming from the doorway, overflowing with mischief. I snapped my head in his direction, my eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Did you take my pants?" I accused. His hands were behind his back and I just KNEW that he was holding something for me to wear. I stood upright from my crouch and walked over to him, my hand outstretched for him to give the clothes to me. His hand shot out and grabbed my hand, tugging me forward. Then his arm snaked around my back.

"Good morning to you too," he said and kissed me lightly on the cheek. I trembled, remembering the feel of his lips in so many other places.

Harden up, Kayli! I scolded myself. No guy should have this effect on you! I reached around his back and yanked the clothes he held there.