The Thief's Revenge - Ch 20 [help me. please]

Chapter Twenty

Help Me. Please

_______________

"Look at me." Liam's voice was rough and low, brimming with emotion.

I watched my knuckles whiten as I tightened my grip on the desk. If I loosened them they would begin shaking and that was a sign of weakness. I had vowed never to show weakness in front of him. And yet I'd gone right ahead and brushed his lips with mine, beginning an electric onslaught of kisses.

"Dammit! This was bound to happen at some point. I tried to stop myself but you were too damn irresistible."

I flinched away from his words, lifting my head so he could see my fiery eyes. "This was my fault, was it? You couldn't restrain yourself because I was luring you?" I shoved myself off the desk. I felt better now that I was riled, more confident. "That wasn't supposed to happen but now that we've got it over and done with we can forget about it. It's not something that I'll memorize for years to come," I said. It was the truth. I wouldn't remember it for a few years. It would be lifelong in my mind. Never had I been kissed so beautifully.

I stormed over to the door and tried to yank it open. It was locked. I shot him a fuming look and tried shoving my magic into the lock to bust it open. The energy of my power fizzled out before it reached the tips of my fingers.

"No magic allowed in the study," he hummed. I watched his face, concerned at how calm he was looking for someone who had just been yelled at, rejected and nearly run out on. He started moving in my direction, a small smile on his face and an evil gleam in his eyes. I retreated slowly, remembering to make no sudden movements. They would bring on a swift attack from the hunter. I hit the wall behind me with a thunk and I looked to my side for an escape. I forgot the most important rule as prey. Never break the eye contact. Before I could so much as yelp he was in front of me, one hand on each side of my shoulders, effectively boxing me in.

"You think that was a one off, Hunter? You think that I've had my fill so now I'll leave you alone?"

I've had him yell, growl, roar and hiss at me but nothing scared me more than his falsely sweet voice right now.

"You're trying to tell me that you weren't affected by it?" He stepped forward so that he had a leg on either side of mine. His body brushed against me and I trembled with want. He ducked his head down, trailing kisses up my throat.

"Let's see how long," he murmured against my jaw.

"Wha-What?" I struggled for lucidity. He was working his way up to my ear and back down to my chin and it was setting my skin on fire.

"Let's see how long you can stay standing." He drew back, only a few inches and looked into my eyes. I gulped at the determination I saw in them. "I'm gonna knock your socks off."

His head swooped back down and he planted his lips onto mine. The speed of the kiss had changed from last time and now he was moving hard and fast. His hands were still resting on either side of me so I was without support and my legs felt like jelly. I tilted my head back so it leant against the wall but he took my bottom lip gently between his teeth and tugged me forward. I managed to make a small sound of distress before his mouth once more conquered mine.

It wasn't just the thrill of his kiss that was weakening my legs. It was knowing that his hands were so close and yet not contacting me and I craved his touch. He was melting my bones with his talented kiss. I slid a little bit down the wall but quickly snapped my legs straight again. He chuckled against my mouth but didn't let up. Not long after I had to grab onto his shirt or I would've collapsed. He gave my mouth freedom and I leant against him, breathing heavily. He moved his hands from the wall, one going to my back while the other pushed my head down to tuck beneath his chin. His stubble caught on some of the strands of my hair, tickling my scalp.