The Thief's Revenge - Ch 25 [press that button... the one that says 'don't' (part one)]

Chapter Twenty-Five

Press That Button... The One That Says 'Don't' (part one)

________________________________________

Warm lips pressed against my neck, drawing goosebumps to my skin. They moved up to the edge of my hair where they paused.

"I like the shorter hair," his voice was dark and husky, promising passion.

"Liam... Why are you here?" I repeated myself, short of breath. I could feel his mouth form a smile on my skin. I don't know what scared me more; the fact that he had his arm clamped around my waist or that he was being playful. I had expected him to murder me the next time he saw me.

"You didn't come to the meeting so I had to make sure you were here, staying put and being a good girl."

I huffed. He knew where I was 24/7, with his stupid GPS spell he'd placed on me.

"Quit playing games. Tell me why you're here." I tried to climb out of his hold, kicking my legs up but he moved his hand down, resting just below my hip, and I stilled completely. His other hand pushed under my side and curled around to my stomach. His body drew closer behind me. I felt a rush of desire at his touch.

His voice came from just above my ear, his breath brushing the side of my face.

"You were supposed to stay with me last night. But you weren't there and I couldn't sleep, so I came to you." His mouth came down and brushed up and down the side of my ear. I couldn't help the shiver that ran up my spine, making him chuckle lowly. "I still couldn't sleep."

I moved my hand down and picked up the hand that rested on my leg, tugging it back to my waist. He held tightly onto my hand, brushing the fingers with his thumb.

"I thought you were mad at me," I whispered, trembling as his teeth gently nipped my ear lobe.

"Ah. I am." He trailed kisses down the side of my face and along my throat.

"You are? Is there a 'but' in there? Because you don't seem too angry at the moment."

He bit the bottom of my throat, pinching me but not breaking the skin. I yelped lightly. His arms tightened around me, pulling me even closer to him and his hand slipped beneath my shirt and played lightly over my skin. I wanted to turn, to see his expression, but there was no way for me to move in his strong hold.

"I haven't slept for two nights now; the mad will show up soon." Then he sighed and scooted away but for the hand that was beneath me. I rolled with him, to face him, and the hand slid around my back, still under my shirt.

"I thought about it," he began, his eyes half-lidded due to sleep deprivation but still intense in their hold on mine. "And it seems you've paid for that mistake enough. Helping that kid. It got you caught."

"It got me you," I said without thought. Then blushed, thinking how stupid I probably sounded.

He half-smiled, very sexy with his ruffled bed hair, and used his hand on my back to push me toward him. I slipped one hand over his waist and the other around his neck, weaving my fingers through his scruffy hair.

"I guess you need a bit more punishment then," he chuckled quietly and used his other hand to tilt my chin up while his head came down. He kept his eyes open, watching me as our lips met. I couldn't close my eyes while his were on me and I watched as his pupil dilated while he tugged on my lower lip with his teeth.

BEEP... BEEP... BEEP.

Liam groaned and lowered his forehead onto mine. "My wire." He reached behind me and grabbed it from the bedside table. He linked it to his ear.