Chapter 2

Caroline's POV

After moving most of Joey's things into his room it was a little after 1. Sawyer, Joey, and I decided to walk to a new restaurant a few blocks away from out apartments.

*at the restaurant*

We sat down in a booth at the restaurant. Joey and I sat on one side of the booth and Sawyer sat on the other.

Waitress: "Can I start you guys off with some drinks?"
Me: "I'll have a lemonade."
Joey: "I'll have some water"
Sawyer: "I'll have a cola."
Waitress: "Alright, I'll be back in a bit with your drinks."

Our waitress walked away and came back a few minuets later with our drinks.

Waitress: "Are you guys ready to order?"
Sawyer: "I think so. I'll have the chicken panini sandwich with some fries."
Me: "I'll have the garden salad with ranch dressing on the side."
Joey: "I'll have the grilled chicken sandwich."
Waitress: "Ok; I'll be back later with your food."

The waitress walked off and the three of us small talked until our food arrived. Joey took out his camera and started vlogging.

Joey: "Well hello there everyone! Not much has really been going on today. I moved most of my stuff into my room at Sawyers house. And I made a new friend!"

He said as he pointed the camera on me.

Me: "Hello! I'm Caroline"
Joey: "Caroline is Sawyers neighbor. She also has a youtube channel so I will put the link in the description so you guys can check her out."

Just as Joey put his camera away, our food arrived. After we ate and payed for our food we began to walk back to Sawyer and Joey's apartment. We had about 5 minuets left of our walk when it started pouring.

The three of us ran for cover. We finally found a restaurant with a covered patio to stand under. When we finally caught our breaths we looked at each other and burst out into laughter. We were drenched! Joey and Sawyers hair lost their 'defying gravity' type look and was in their faces. I saw my reflection in the restaurants window and my makeup was so messed up! My bun was falling out so I just decided to take it down. I put the hair bow I used for it on my wrist. All of us looked terrible. Since we already were drenched, we decided to keep walking in the rain. Me, being the clutz I am, slipped and fell on my butt. Sawyer and I were laughing our heads off while Joey helped me up. Our hands were wet and slippery. I lost grip of Joey's hands and fell back down. We all laughed.

Joey: "Ohmygosh are you ok?"
Me: (while laughing) "More or less."
Joey: "Let me carry you the rest of the way"
Me: "Joey you don't have to-"

Before I could tell him that I would be able to walk he picked me up and have me a piggyback ride back to the apartments. I actually kinda liked being carried by Joey.

Me: "I'm gonna go back to my place and change and wash my face. I'll see you guys in a bit."

Joey and Sawyer: "Bye!"

When I walked into my apartment I took off my shoes and left them by the front door so I wouldn't get the floor wet. I walked upstairs to go wash my face and change into something dry. I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a white cami, a red plaid button up shirt (I left the buttons undone), and a pair of white Converses. I left my hair down.

I checked my phone to see that I had 5 missed calls from my boyfriend Sam. I didn't have to listen to his messages to know that he was pissed. He always was when I didn't answer his calls. Not wanting to waste more time and make him any madder, I called his cell.

Sam: "Where the fuck have you been?"
Me: (mumbling nervously) "Sorry I was-"
Sam: (cutting me off) "Answer the god damn question!"
Me: "Baby calm down. I was getting lunch with my neighbor Sawyer and his new roommate Joey. But I'm home now."
Sam: "Whatever."

He sounded a bit more calm.

Sam: "Anyways I wanted to let you know that on Thursday (today is Tuesday) I'm gonna pick you up around 6 AM for our trip."
Me: "Sounds good."

We talked for about a minute before we hung up.

I walked down the stairs to get ready to go back next door. I looked out the window. The rain slowed down so I quickly ran over to Sawyer and Joey's apartment and let myself in.

Me: (in a cheesy gangster voice) "Sup"
Sawyer: "Please don't do that again. Ever."

We both laughed as we walked to the couch. I put my phone on the coffee table. I saw Joey walk down the stairs.

Joey's POV

Me: (smiling) "I thought I heard a Caroline down here"
Caroline: (smiling back) "You heard correctly."

She had a pretty cute smile.

Caroline: "Hey Joey and you put your number in my phone?"
Me: "Sure. But only if you put yours in mine."
Caroline: "Deal."

We handed each other our phones. Her lock screen photo was her kissing some guy.

Me: "Ooo who is this?"
Caroline: "What? Oh that's Sam (quietly) Um he's my boyfriend."
Me: "How long have you guys been dating?"
Caroline: (quietly) "2 years this Saturday."
Me: "Wow, so you guys must be pretty serious then."
Caroline: (quietly) "One may say that...
Sawyer: "Why don't we talk about something else?"
Me: "Ok"

Caroline's POV

When Joey was putting is number in my phone and wasn't paying attention, I mouthed 'Thank you' to Sawyer. I've told Sawyer 3 things about Sam and I's relationship.

1- We've been together for about 2 years.
2- Things aren't the same between Sam and I. We had a healthier relationship at first but things have changed. He's changed.
3- If I emotionally hurt Sam he's going to physically hurt me.

Don't get me wrong, Sawyer is great and I can tell him almost everything. But there are some things I'm just not ready to talk about yet.

Sawyer, Joey and I talked for about half an hour before deciding to watch a movie on Netflix. When the movie ended it was a little after 7:30.

Me: "Well today was fun, but I think I'm gonna head back to my place."
Joey: "Can you come back over and hang out tomorrow?"
Me: "Nah, I can't tomorrow. I have to pack and get things ready for a trip that Sam and I are taking for our anniversary."
Joey: "Oh. Well when do you get back?"
Me: "Monday."
Sawyer: "See you then I guess."
Me: "Bye!"

Sawyers POV

I closed the door behind Caroline.

Me: "Joey, you can't really talk about Sam in front of her..."
Joey: (confused) "What do you mean?"

I didn't want to tell him about their relationship since he just met Caroline earlier today.

Me: "They have a complicated relationship. Just promise you won't talk about Sam in front of her, ok?"
Joey: "I promise."

MEANWHILE

Caroline's POV

As I walked back to my apartment I saw a car in the guest parking spot. I knew exactly who it is. I just wish I didn't.