Chapter 17

-Authors Note-

This chapter is Caroline's Draw My Life video. So that means that the whole chapter is her narrating. Enjoy!

_________________

Hey guys! My name is Caroline Jessica Matthews and today I'm going to draw my life. You guys have sent me hundreds of requests to do this. So I'm finally going to do it, months after it's relevant. But better late than never, right? Anyways...

I was born on December 29th, 1993 in Denver, Colorado. My mom was supposed to have me on Christmas, but I guess I wasn't ready to leave the womb.

My family consisted of my mom, my dad, and my grandma. Both of my parents were only childs and so was I. So pretty much what I'm saying is that I have no siblings, aunts, uncles, or cousins.

I lived on a cul-de-sac that had lots of other kids who were around my age. I was one of the youngest and the shortest out of the other kids my age. That's right folks, I was always short. Anyways, I remember playing games like soccer, kickball, and foursquare. Back then we didn't have iPhones and laptops, we had imagination. I remember using chalk to draw roads on the street and then all of us would ride our bikes and skateboards and stuff on it. Good times.

When I was 5 my parents signed me up for dance classes. At first I just did tap and jazz, then eventually I just took ballet.

Elementary school was fun. Or at least what I remember of it was fun. Almost all of the kids from my neighborhood went to my school. In kindergarten I met a girl named Jenny. She was the daughter of the school's principal. We quickly became best friends.

When I was 7, I moved into my grandmas house. I didn't know why at the time, but now I do. Both of my parents were alcoholics. At the time the only thing I knew was that my parents would act strange every couple of nights. Eventually in middle school when we learned about alcohol, I put the pieces of the puzzle together and figured out that they were alcoholics. Whenever I asked my grandma about my parents she would say 'They loved you very much. But they couldn't take care of you anymore'.

I'm just going to skip to middle school since nothing else really big or exciting happened in elementary school. Jenny and I were best friends until the middle of 7th grade. We got into a big argument over something so stupid that I don't even remember what it was. Note that Jenny was a popular girl at school. She made sure she was heard. Me on the other hand, not so much. I was quiet and not really popular. I usually kept to myself, unless I was with people who I was comfortable around. I think people mainly knew me for being Jenny's friend. For the most part people just ignored me. They probably took note of me, but they ignored me. But when we stopped being friends, people just ignored me completely. In class, in the hallways, on the bus. Just about everywhere. Jenny was pretty much my only friend, and when I lost her I was pretty lonely. Honestly, it sucked. I mean I had like 3 other friends, but it sucked.

In 8th grade I started to get bullied. It was mostly verbally. People would call me a bitch, a slut, a loser (ok, this one was kinda true), and they would tell me that I wasn't good enough. I would find notes in my locker calling me those things too. Sometimes when I would walk down the hall, some people would push me so I would hit the lockers. Sometimes I would find bruises on my sides. Because I was really shy and quiet, I never told anyone.

The one thing that kept me sane was dance. The dance studio I went to was the one place where I felt like people didn't hate me. I actually had friends there. When I was 12, I took my first pointe class. I was excited to go on pointe, but also really terrified. I didn't want to fall and hurt myself. But eventually I decided to just yolo my way through the moves. I ended up getting a lot better at pointe because instead of holding myself back I took risks.