Chapter 13

Caroline's POV

When I woke up, Joey was already awake and on his laptop.

Joey: "Good morning."

I sat up and kissed him.

Me: "It is now."

I put my head on his shoulder and watched him reply to comments from the vlog he posted yesterday.

Me: "Joey?"

Joey: "Yeah?"

Me: "When are we going to tell our subscribers about 'us'?"

Joey: "Maybe in a few weeks?"

Me: "Ok."

When he finished replying to some comments it was around lunch time. We decided to have lunch at my place.

-at Caroline's apartment; after lunch-

Joey: "You know you never showed me your videos of you dancing."

Me: "Then lets go watch. I have them saved on my laptop."

I grabbed my laptop from the coffee table and pulled up a folder with some videos of me dancing.

Me: "Do you want to see videos from competitions, studio performances, or videos taken during class?"

Joey: "You can pick."

Me: "Let's start with my first pointe class then. Warning: I'm like 12 in it and look like a major fetus."

Joey: "That just makes me wanna see it even more."

-after the video-

Joey: (in a high pitches voice) "Aw you were so little and cute and I just wanna poop on you."

Me: "Poop on me?"

Joey: "Yep."

We watched about 5 videos of me doing variations at competitions. I was between 15 and 18 in the videos.

Joey: "Why did you stop? You were so good!"

Me: "After my Grandma died I got depressed and didn't want to dance anymore. I lived with her since I was 7. Both of my parents were alcoholics and couldn't take care of me. She was my best friend."

Joey: "I'm so sorry."

He gave me a hug.

Joey: "Where did you live after she died?"

Me: "I rented an apartment with Sam. I was going to go to college, but my grades went from straight A's to C's and D's, so I got rejected from everywhere I applied to."

I always thought my life sounded depressing just saying what I've been through in my head. But it sounds about 10 times worse when I talk about my life out loud.

Joey: "Have you done the 'Draw My Life' tag yet?"

Me: "Hell no. My life story is too sucky.'

Joey: "Well I think you should do it."

Me: "Why?"

Joey: "Because I think you can be an inspiration to people. You've gone through a lot of crap and you've overcome it all."

Me: "I'll think about it."

-later that day-

I was organizing my props when Kalel called me.

Kalel: "Hey girl!"

Me: "Hi Kalel!"

Kalel: "We haven't seen each other in ever. Wanna hang out tomorrow?"

Me: "Sure! What should we do?"

Kalel: "Can we go shopping?"

Me: "Sure!"

Kalel: "We should invite Meghan and have a girls night!"

Me: "YES."

Kalel: "I'll make a group text and we can plan everything out."

Me: "Sounds good."

Kalel: "We'll I gotta go now; Anthony and I are going to the movies."

Me: "Alright, see you tomorrow night!"

Kalel: "See ya!"

-the next day-

Kalel, Meghan, and I were meeting up at the mall to go shopping and get a bite to eat. Before I left I asked Joey if I can tell them about us dating. He said sure. We agreed on only letting our friends know for now.

After shopping for a couple of hours, it was about 8. We decided to stop shopping and get some dinner. The three of us ate at the Cheesecake Factory.

Me: "So I have some exciting news."

Kalel: "What is it?"

Meghan: "Is this what I think it is?"

Me: "Yep!"

Meghan: "Oh my gosh congrats!"

Kalel: "Someone please tell me what the news is!"

Me: "Joey and I are dating now!"

Kalel: "That's awesome!"

Meghan: "How was your first date?"

Me: "We went on a moonlight picnic and we had it on the top of this hill with an amazing view of LA. It was perfect."

Kalel: "Aw!"

Me: "Then after we ate we went back to his apartment and played some MCSG."

Meghan: "Who won?"

Me: "Who do you think won?"

Meghan: "You?"

I nodded.

Me: "Caroline always wins."

The three of us laughed.

Joey's POV

While Caroline was out having a girls night, Sawyer, Luke, and I were having a guys night. We decided to eat at a restaurant a few blocks away.

Luke: "We haven't had a guys night in a long time."

Me: "I know. It's been at least a year I think."

Luke: "So what's new with you guys?"

Sawyer: "Nothing much, just working on another short film. I going on vacation next week and I'm going to film a Through My Eyes."

Me: "Caroline and I are officially dating."

Luke: "Congrats man!"

Sawyer: "About time. When are you gonna tell your psychopaths?"

Me: "Probably in a few weeks."

Luke: "How do you think they will react?"

Me: "Hopefully well. I know there will be a group of people who don't want us to be together, but I also know that a lot of people will like us together."

Luke: "That's the case with everything these days."

Sawyer: "Exactly."

Me: "Even if people don't want us to be together, I will still love her. She's amazing and beautiful and perfect and sweet and a lot of other awesome things. She's been through a hell of a lot through the past couple of years and I want to make her feel happy. I want to make her feel loved."

Sawyer: "Well she's lucky to have you Joey."

Me: "Thanks Sawyer."