Chapter 5

Caroline's POV

I woke up around 2 in the afternoon next to Joey, who was asleep. He was snoring. It wasn't like a gross and loud 50 year old man type snoring; it was a cute type of snoring. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I sighed. If only I was his and he was mine. I got out of my bed trying my hardest not to wake Joey up.

Part of me couldn't believe I finally told someone about Sam and I's relationship. I always thought that if I told someone it would have been a close friend that I had known for years. But then again, I never really had a close friend, or any friends for that matter.

After checking twitter on my phone for 10 minuets I decided to wake Joey up. Lets see... I could either wake him up gently, like a normal person, or I could go get my megaphone from downstairs and jump on the bed while yelling at him to wake up. The second one sounds pretty good. After I got the megaphone, I decided to film it so I set up my camera. I stood up on my bed.

Me: (while jumping on the bed) "WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY! GET YOUR BOOTY OUT OF BED!"
Joey: (half awake) "Oh so I'm a beauty?"
Me: "Whatever floats your boat."

Joey's POV

Caroline was still jumping on the bed. I heard a cracking noise and Caroline must have heard it too becuase we exchanged the same look that said 'what was that?'. When she landed from her jump the bed frame broke. She fell, but didn't get hurt. We gave each other a 'holy shit' type look and burst out into laughter.

Me: (laughing) "Are you ok?"
Caroline: (laughing) "I'll live. Wanna know the best part?"
Me: (laughing) "What?"
Caroline: (laughing) "I got it on video!"

She pointed to a camera on the other side of the room.

Me: "Really?!?"
Caroline: "Yeah! Let's watch it."

We watched it about 5 or 6 times and laughed every time the bed frame broke.

Caroline: "Can I put this on my channel?"
Me: "Sure. Why are you asking?"
Caroline: "Well considering the fact that you were in my bed in your boxers might raise some questions."
Me: "True. But go ahead and post it anyways. It's too funny not to."

I checked my phone to see I had a few missed calls from Sawyer. I guess he noticed I wasn't home.

-texting Sawyer-

(J is for Joey and S is for Sawyer)

J- hey
S- where are you?
J- I spent the night at Caroline's
S- oooo ;)
J- not like that!
S- whatever you say lol

Caroline: "It's like 2:45. Wanna go grab something to eat?"
Me: "Sure. But I'm gonna go get dressed first."
Caroline: "You should do that."

I left Caroline's apartment and went back to Sawyer and I's apartment. Sawyer was sitting on the couch on his laptop. When I walked in he looked up and smiled at me.

Me: "It's not what it looks like."
Sawyer: "Sure it isn't."

I rolled my eyes and went to my room. I changed into white and grey striped shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, and I put on my red Sperrys.

Caroline's POV

After Joey left I went upstairs and got ready.

I did my typical natural makeup look. I put on a coral colored casual strapless dress that had white polka dots, a silver bow necklace, I pinned back my bangs with a white bow clip, and for shoes I put on a pair of casual white wedges. I walked to the part of my closet that had my purses and a few other accessories. I took a white cross body and a pair of coral sunglasses to match my dress.

I went downstairs and grabbed my phone, keys and vlogging camera. I turned it on and did my usual intro.

-vlogging-

Me: "Oh hai. I didn't see you there."

I paused for a second when I heard a familiar voice outside.

Joey's POV

-vlogging-

Me: "Well hello there everyone. I'm currently going next door to Caroline's apartment because we're gonna go get something to eat."
Caroline: (opens the door while vlogging) (with an Australian accent) "There seems to be a wild Joey outside my apartment!"

I pointed my camera at hers.

Me: "Vlogception!"
Caroline: "Is this a vlog? Or is it a vlog within a vlog? Anyways, we're going to go get some food because we're both hungry. Isn't that right?"
Me: "Mmhmm."

We both put our vlogging cameras away.

Caroline: "So where are we going and who is gonna drive?"
Me: "Anywhere with chicken. And I'll drive if you want."
Caroline: "There's a pretty good chicken restaurant a few blocks away. We could just walk there if you want."
Me: "Ok. Just as long as I get some chicken."

On our way there we talked about our favorite books. Turns out she loves the Divergent and Hunger Games trilogies. We agreed to see Catching Fire together when it comes out.

Lunch was going great. Then Caroline got a text. As she read it her eyes got wide. Something had to be wrong.

Caroline: "Shit."

Caroline's POV

Joey was telling me about how he should have been Finnick when I got a text. From Sam. My eyes got 3x bigger.

Me: "Shit."

-text messages-

(S is for Sam and C is for Caroline)

S- hey where are you?
C- I decided to walk to CVS and get some last minute things

I gotta admit it, I'm pretty good at making things up on the spot.

S- well I'm at your place.
C- ok. I should be back in 10 to 15 min.
S- I'll be here <3
C- <3

Me: "I'm so sorry Joey I have to go."
Joey: "What's going on?"
Me: "Sam is at my house. I told him I was at CVS and should be home soon."

I reached into my purse and took out $15 to pay for my meal. I have Joey the money and told him 'I'm sorry' again as I took off my wedges and ran to the nearest CVS.

Luckily there was a CVS a few stores down. I ran in, grabbed a few random products like deodorant, razors, and tampons, paid for them, and ran out of CVS.

When I got a few feet away from my apartment I wiped most of the dirt off of my feet and put my shoes back on. I checked my phone and saw I had just barely made it in time. I unlocked the front door and walked in.

Me: "Sam?"
Sam: "I'm in here."

He was in the living room flipping through TV channels.

Sam: "Hey babe."

He got up from the couch and kissed me.

Me: "Have you started packing for the trip yet?"
Sam: "Is that really a question?"

He was right. I already knew the answer was no.

Sam: "So what are you doing the rest of the day?"
Me: "Packing, filming, editing. The usual."

Authors Note

Caroline has 2 channels. A main channel and a vlogging channel. She posts videos for her main channel on Thursdays. Her vlogs go up every couple of days. Her main channel has 570k subscribers and her vlogging channel has 280k subscribers.

Back to the story

Sam- Ok. Well I just stopped by to see if you still have my suitcase. I couldn't find it at my apartment.
Me- It might be on the third floor.

We walked upstairs to the third floor of my apartment. The third floor is where I filmed the majority of my videos and kept things that didn't really have a spot anywhere. After looking for a couple of minutes Sam found the suitcase.

Sam- "Well I'm gonna go back and pack now."
Me: "Oh please. You'll start packing in like 7 more hours."
Sam: "You know me so well. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

I realized that this was the first normal conversation Sam and I have had in a while. After Sam left I called Joey. He picked up after the second ring.

Me: "I'm so sorry for ditching you!"
Joey: "It's fine."
Me: "I feel bad about leaving you there."
Joey: "Don't worry about it."
Me: "I'll make it up to you on Monday when I get back from my trip."
Joey: "Ok! Try to have fun on your trip."
Me: "It'll be impossible to."
Joey: "Don't be so negative."
Me: "Don't be so positive."
Joey: "Never!"
Me: "I should start packing now. I'll see you Monday."
Joey: "Alright, see you then."

After I hung up, I set up my camera and lights for my video. I filmed a 'Travel Bag Essentials' video. After that, I edited it and worked on the thumbnail. I worked on it for a couple of hours only stopping to eat dinner and use the bathroom. When I had the video ready I decided to vlog a little bit more.

-vlogging-

Me: "So I just finished Thursdays video. It's a travel bag essentials video. I thought it was good since I'm leaving for a trip to Santa Monica tomorrow morning with Sam. I'm packing right now. While I'm gone I might not post here on my vlogging channel for a few days. But don't you worry! I'll have a video with clips from the trip that I'll post when I get back. Well I'm gonna finish packing. Byeeee!"

My outro was pretty simple; just say 'bye' and do a peace sign. But what I like to do is hold the 'e' part (so it sounds like byeeeeeeeeeee). After I finished packing I went to my iMac and edited today's vlog. I combined today with the past 3 days since each day only had a couple of short clips each. When I was done I got ready for bed and fell asleep. Since my bed frame was broken, the mattress was on the floor.

Joey's POV

I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was Caroline and how she was going to be stuck with Sam for a few days. I really like Caroline. But I feel like things are going too fast. Plus she has a boyfriend. 75% of me wants to be with her. But the other 25% of me doesn't because I might get hurt again. I'm so confused.