Chapter 39

Please read the authors note at the end (:

__________________________

Caroline's POV

After I left Joey's apartment, I went back home to get ready for Luke's party. For me the hardest part of getting ready is picking out an outfit. After 30 minutes and trying on 4 outfits, I decided on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a peach colored sweater. I also picked out a necklace to wear and I put on my white Converses. I curled my hair and touched up my makeup. Before I knew it, it was time to leave for the party.

I let myself into Joey and Sawyer's apartment.

Sawyer: "Hey."
Me: "Hi. Are you guys ready to go?"
Sawyer: "I am. Joey's still upstairs getting ready."

We talked for a bit and waited for Joey to finish getting ready. When he came down we left to go to Luke's. I drove there since I don't drink.

-at Luke's party-

It was a fairly big party. Kalel, Anthony, Ingrid, Cat, Meghan, David, and a bunch of other people were all there. I stayed with Joey for a while before going to talk with Ingrid and Cat. When I returned to Joey a little less than an hour later, he was slightly drunk. I told him not to get too drunk because he'll have a massive hangover if he does. He told me he knows.

Later in the night a bunch of people got in a circle and played Truth or Dare. Majority of the people playing were either drunk or slightly drunk. They were saying and doing really funny things that although they won't remember, I will. Joey being one of them. Whenever Joey gets drunk, he points out random and obvious things.

When Joey dared me to play 7 Minutes of Heaven with him, everyone went 'ooo'. Blushing, I followed him to a closet. I sat down on the floor and Joey joined me after turning on the closet light. As soon as the door closed, he pulled me close to him and kissed me.

Me: "Joey-"
Joey: "Shh. We only have 7 minutes."

He resumed kissing me. I could taste the alcohol in is mouth. Joey's hands travelled around my upper body and into my sweater. I broke away from his lips and moved his hand away.

Me: "Joey stop. You're drunk."
Joey: "I'm not that drunk."
Me: "Yes, you are."
Joey: "So what?"

He moved closer to me and seductively whispered into my ear:

Joey: "Lets have some fun, ok?"
Me: "Joey, do you honestly think I'm having fun right now?"
Joey: "Well yeah. You're with me."
Me: "Open your eyes, Graceffa. I'm not having fun right now."

He gave me a quick kiss.

Joey: "Are you having fun now?"
Me: "No."

He kissed me again.

Joey: "Now?"
Me: "No."

And again.

Joey: "But what about n-"
Me: "Quit it!"

He tried to kiss me again, but I pushed him away.

Joey: "Rude and disrespectful."
Me: "You're the one who is being disrespectful."
Joey: "Is that how you feel?"
Me: "To be quite honest, yes."
Joey: "Then you can fuck off!"
Me: "Maybe I will."

He realized that he shouldn't have said that right after the words escaped his mouth. I stood up and opened the door to see everyone outside in front of the door.

Me: "Were you guys in front of the door listening the whole time?"
Sawyer: "No. Maybe. Yes."

I rolled my eyes and made my way through people. Joey followed me.