Chapter 30

Caroline's POV

I woke up in Joey's bed, still wearing my dress from last night. Joey is laying beside me, still asleep. I rub my eyes and look at the time on Joey's alarm clock. It says 10:26. I get out of bed slowly so I don't wake Joey up. When I'm up, I walk to Joey's closet and take out a pair of gym shorts and a grey stripped shirt; I know he won't mind. In fact, I think he likes it when I wear his clothes. I put on the clothes then go into the bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth.

When I go downstairs, I'm greeted by Hitch. I kneel down and pet him for a bit. He's so cute. I look into the office area, where Joey and Sawyer keep their computers, and see Sawyer checking Twitter.

Me : "Good morning."
Sawyer: "Back at ya."
Me: "So what are ya working on?"
Sawyer: "Nothing yet. I'm just scrolling through some Twitter questions. I'm gonna film a Q&A video later today."
Me: "Cool. Well I'm gonna make breakfast. Did you already eat?"
Sawyer: "Yeah. Thanks though."
Me: "No problem."

I went to the kitchen, opened the fridge, and reached for the carton eggs. When I opened up the carton, there was only 1 egg left. I walked back over to the office area.

Me: "Sawyer there's only 1 egg left."
Sawyer: "Crap."
Me: "You know how Joey gets when he finds out he doesn't have enough eggyanyas."

Joey gets annoyed when there is only 1 egg left.

Sawyer: "Well I guess I'm going to the store. I'll be back in 15 minutes."

After Sawyer left, I turned the TV and browsed through Netflix. I decided on watching some anime. After a couple of minutes Joey came down the stairs.

Joey: "Ooo anime."

He sat next to me on the couch and put his arm around me. I scooted closer to him and we cuddled.

Joey: "I'm gonna start making breakfast."

Sawyer isn't back with the eggs yet. So I need to stall him for a couple of minutes.

Me: "Don't."
Joey: "But I'm hungry."
Me: "But I want to cuddle with you."
Joey: "Fine."

I climbed onto his lap and put a blanket around us.

Joey: "Are you cold?"
Me: "A little."
Joey: "I'll keep you warm."

He was about to kiss my cheek but I turned my head and our lips met. I heard someone unlocking the front door of the apartment.

Sawyer: "I got the eg-"

He stopped talking when he saw Joey. Joey turned around and looked at Sawyer.

Joey: "What?"
Sawyer: "Nothing."
Joey: "You bought more eggs."
Sawyer: "No..."
Joey: "I can see the carton in the bag."
Sawyer: "No you can't."
Me: "You are literally the worst liar in the world."
Sawyer: "Whatever."

He placed the eggs in the fridge before returning to his computer.

Joey: "Now do you want breakfast?"
Me: "Please and thank you!"

After we ate Joey said that he wants to spend the day with me since he'll be filming Storytellers for the next 2 weeks.

Joey: "So what do you want to do today?"
Me: "Honestly, as long as I'm spending time with you, anything."
Joey: "Girl you gotta pick something."

I thought about it for a minute.

Me: "Lets take a bunch of pictures together. But not on our phones or anything. I mean on one of my cameras."
Joey: "Ok. Well lets get dressed then."
Me: "I'm gonna go back to my apartment and get dressed."
Joey: "Not yet. I want you to pick out my outfit."