Chapter 40

Caroline's POV

Kalel and Anthony are having a Christmas Party tonight at their new apartment. They said that it was a White Elephant party. We just finished wrapping the gifts we are bringing. Right now we are getting ready for the party.

I did my makeup first. Everything was done like I always do it, except I did a smokey eye. For my hair I just brushed it. Naturally my hair is wavy and I've been loving the way it looks with how much shorter my hair is. Then I put on my outfit; a maroon sweater, white skinny jeans, and a pair of black ballet flats. I looked through my accessories and picked out a simple silver chain necklace with an infinity sign on it. Joey was waiting for me downstairs, so I quickly put the necklace on and headed down the stairs.

Joey: "Ready?"
Me: "Yeah."

Joey grabbed the two wrapped gifts as I got my keys and phone.

-at Kalel and Anthony's apartment-

I knocked on the door. Anthony opened it a few seconds later.

Anthony: "Hey guys!"
Joey and I: "Hi!"
Anthony: "Come on in."

We walked in and Anthony took the gifts we brought and put them under the tree with the gifts that were already there. David, Meghan, Fleur, Mike, Arden, Nikki, and Jenn were already here. A half hour passed before everyone who was invited showed up. Everyone got together in the living room to start the White Elephant gift exchange.

The gift I got was a big box of macaroons. After I went it was Joey's turn. He picked up a gift bag and took out the tissue paper.

Joey: "Ew!"

He took the gift out of the bag and it was a step that you use to have sex in the shower. His facial expression was priceless! Everybody was laughing.

Joey: "Who the hell brought this?"
Nikki: "Me!"
Kalel: "Nikki where did you even get that?"
Nikki: (casually) "At a sex shop."
Me: "The box is already opened."

Joey took the step out of the box.

Joey: "Hold up. In the picture on the box there is a handle and there isn't a handle in here."
Nikki: "Yeah, I know. It didn't come with it."
Joey: "Can I please trade gifts with someone?"
Me: "What's wrong Graceffa? You don't wanna keep it?"

I playfully batted my eyelashes at him.

Joey: "I mean if you really want me to keep it-"
Me: "I was just messing with you. I really don't want it."

Joey did a dare and got a new gift. The new gift was a journal that had a different question for every day of the year. Today's question was 'Why are you so impressive?'. Joey said that there wasn't enough room on the page to explain why.

For the rest of the party everyone talked with each other. Kalel put out a ton of food for everyone in the kitchen and it all tasted really good. Buki and Pip were in the room with us for most of the party. Pip has gotten a lot bigger since I last saw him.

When the party was over, Joey and I went to back to his apartment. We had another one of those nights where we stayed up and talked while cuddling. We started talking about the future.

Me: "To be honest, I'm a little afraid of the future."
Joey: "Why?"
Me: "Because I don't know what's going to happen."
Joey: "But that's the best part of the future. Each day is a new surprise."
Me: "I guess so, but still."
Joey: "What do you see in your future, Caroline?"
Me: "I'm not That So Raven, Joey. I can't see into the future. But I see myself with you. And eventually with a family in a nice house. What do you see?"
Joey: "I see the same thing. I can't see myself without you."