Chapter 12

Caroline's POV

I woke up around 11:30. I immediately checked my phone to see if Joey texted me about tonight. He did.

-over text messages-

J- So were going on kind of a late dinner type thing. I'll pick you up around 8:30.

C- Are you going to tell me anything about tonight or is it a secret?

J- It's a secret :)

C- What should I wear?

J- Whatever you want, just nothing formal.

C- K. See you tonight!

J- See ya!

-6:30 that night-

I started to get ready for my date with Joey. The outfit that I picked out was a black high waisted skirt with a light blue shirt. I picked out a pair of black ballet flats. The skirt has pockets, so I don't need a purse.

After I picked out my outfit I did my makeup. I did my usual natural makeup look but I make the eyeshadow have a bit of a smokey effect for more of a nighttime look. When I finished my makeup I put on my outfit and started on my hair.

For my hair I did loose curls. I pinned back my side bang. When my hair was finished I checked my phone. It was only about 7:45. I went to my laptop and played some minecraft to kill some time. The next time I checked my phone it was 8:20. I went downstairs and spent the rest of the time on the couch using my phone to check twitter. Then the doorbell rang. It was Joey. As soon as I answered the door his face lit up.

Joey: "You look beautiful, Caroline."

Me: "Thank you Joey. You don't look bad yourself."

Joey: "Are you ready?"

Me: "Yep."

We walked outside and I locked my front door. Joey and I walked to where Satsuki was parked. Joey opened the car door for me and I got in. Then he walked around the car and got in the drivers seat.

Me: "So when are you gonna tell me where we're going?"

Joey: "I'm not going to. You'll just have to wait and see."

Me: "Can I at least have a hint as to where you're taking me?"

Joey: "Maybe when we get closer."

We talked for a while until he said:

Joey: "Do you want your hint now?"

Me: "Sure. Lay it on me."

Joey: "26. And that's your only hint."

Me: "That's ok because now I know what we're doing."

Joey: "Then what are we doing?"

Me: (smiling) "Moonlight picnic?"

Joey: "Yep! But I'm not telling you where though."

Me: "Do I get a hint?"

Joey: "Nope."

We drove for a while until Joey parked Satsuki in a parking lot.

Joey's POV

The other day when we went hiking I parked by the entrance that took you the long way to get to the top. This time I parked by the entrance that took you a shorter way. I got out of Satsuki and then got the door for Caroline. We walked to the back of my car and opened the trunk. After looking through some stuff I pulled out a bandana.

Caroline: "NOOOOOO!"

Me: "YESSSSSSSSS!"

Caroline: "FINEEEEEE!"