Chapter 41

-a few days later-

Joey's POV

Today is December 20th, which means that it is Caroline and I's 6 month anniversary. I already have tonight planned out. I made a reservation for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant and after we eat I'm going to take her to where we had our first date. Then I'll take her home and give her her gift.

The other day when we went to Third Street with Nicole she saw a necklace and bracelet she really liked. I got them both yesterday when she was filming a video. I decided that I would give her the bracelet today and the necklace on Christmas.

When I woke up she was asleep in my arms. I moved a piece of hair out of her face and kissed her forehead. After debating whether or not I should wake her up before or after I make breakfast, I decided to wake her up. The noise from the blender would have woken her up anyways. Gently, I shook her arm.

Me: "Good morning, beautiful."

She rubbed her dark green eyes before opening them. When she looked at me, she smiled. I smiled back. In her cute morning voice, she said:

Caroline: "Happy 6 months, Graceffa."

Me: "Happy 6 months, Matthews."

Both of us sat up before we kissed. Every time we kiss there's a spark. It's perfect. She's perfect.

Me: "I'm going to start making breakfast now."

Wearing my red and white striped shirt, Caroline followed me out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen.

Me: "Do you want the usual?"

Caroline: "Yes please!"

I made eggs and smoothies while Caroline went in the other room to talk with Sawyer.

Caroline's POV

Sawyer: "Isn't today your 6 month anniversary?"

Me: (smiling) "Yes."

Sawyer: "Cool. So what did you get him?"

Me: "Well I have a ton of pictures of Joey and I on one of my cameras so I put them in a photo album. And I wrote a note in the front telling him how much he means to me."

Sawyer: "He's gonna love it."

Me: "Thanks Sawyer."

Joey: (from the kitchen) "Breakfast is ready!"

Me: "Coming!"

I walked back into the kitchen and Joey handed me a smoothie and a plate of eggs. We sat down next to each other on the couch as we ate.

Joey: "I'm taking you to dinner tonight at 7."

Me: "Should I dress fancy?"

Joey: "Yes. But not completely fancy."

Me: "So like... 80% fancy?"

Joey: "Yeah."

Referring to where we had our first date, I asked:

Me: "Can we go to our hill afterwards?"

Joey: "That's what I was planning on doing."

As I remembered our first date, I smiled. That hill is our special spot.

Me: "I got you something."

Joey: "I got you something, too."

Me: "When do you want to give each other the gifts?"

Joey: "After we get back tonight."

Me: "Ok."

Per usual, Joey finished eating before me. He went on his phone as I finished my eggs and smoothie. My phone, which was next to me, lit up with a Twitter notification.