Chapter 3

Caroline's POV

Shit. Sam's car was parked in front of my apartment. I started to freak out. Why was he here? What does he want? What's happening? So many questions are running through my mind. How did he even get inside? He doesn't have a key to my apartment. I got myself to not completely go into panic mode and I stopped myself from hyperventilating. I managed to make it to my front door. It was already unlocked. As I opened the door my hands were shaking.

Me: "Sam?"

Sam: "You lied to me you bitch."

Me: "What are you talking about?"

Sam: "You told me that you were home. And you weren't. You lied to me."

At this point he was all up in my face. It isn't anything that he hasn't done to me before but I still didn't like it.

Sam: (smirking) "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Me: "I was just next door watching Netflix with Sawyer and Joey."

As I finished the sentence Sam slapped me hard on the cheek.

Me: "For fucks sake Sam!"

Sam: "I don't want you hanging out with them anymore."

Me: "What?"

Sam: (while walking out of the front door) "You fucking heard me."

I closed the door behind him then I ran upstairs. I first went to the bathroom to see how bad of a mark his slap left. Needless to say, there was a huge hand mark on my left cheek. I was planning on filming a video for my youtube channel so I tried to cover up the mark with foundation. You could still see it though. Great.

I just wanted this day to be over so I changed into something to sleep in (bra and undies) and got into bed. I turned on the TV hoping it would help me take my mind off how much of a dick Sam is. I saw that there was a Dance Moms marathon on so I put it on. Abby kinda reminds me of Sam; they're both always angry. After a couple of episodes I fell asleep.

At around 4 AM I woke up from a nightmare. I dreamed I broke up with Sam. It was a good dream until Sam started punching and kicking me. It was almost impossible to fall back to sleep. I suddenly felt alone. I needed to talk to somebody. Joey. He said he stays up late. Maybe he's still up.

Joey's POV

I was about to go to bed when I got a text from Caroline. Since it was 4 in the morning I knew something had to be up.

-over text messages-

(C is for Caroline J is for Joey)

C- hey are you still up

J- yup

C- I feel alone

J- what do you mean

C- I don't even know. I just feel like I have nobody to talk to.

J- I'm here for you

C- I know it's 4 am but can you come over?

J- sure. I'll be right there

Caroline's POV

There was a knock on the door a few minuets later. It was Joey. I put on a robe and went downstairs. And he was only wearing his boxers. It was hard not to look at his body.

Me: "Thanks for coming Joey."

Joey: "No problem. What's wrong?"

I turned my face and pointed to the cheek that Sam slapped. It still had a big hand mark on it.

Joey: *gasps* "Girly girl! Who did that to you?"

Me: (after a long pause) "Sam."

Joey: "But I thought that-"

Me: "That we were in a good relationship? Long story."

Joey: "I've got time."

Me: "I've never told anyone the full story. Not even Sawyer. But there's something different about you Joey. I feel like I can be open around you. It's like I can tell you anything. But what I'm about to tell you is super secretive. You can't tell anyone. Promise?"

Joey: "I don't know if I can promise. He hurt you and it isn't right!"

Me: "You have to promise me!"

Joey: "But-"

Me: (tearing up) "Please promise me Joey!"

Joey: *sighs* "Fine. I promise. But only because it means so much to you."

Me: "Thank you."