Chapter 21

Chapter 21

My head felt like it was a hundred pounds.  My eyelids were too heavy to lift so I couldn’t even look around to see where I was.  Heart pounding, I tried to make sense of myself.  That’s when I realized I was lying down on a bed and my wrists were tied with rope. 

And I didn’t have anything on but my strapless bra and panties. 

Tears started falling from my eyes before I could even open them.  My hair had fallen from the bun and was covering my shoulders.  And when I finally could finally open my eyes, the only light I could see was the ones from three computer screens directly across from where I laid. 

There was a chair in front of them and I could see someone’s silhouette turned toward me. 

“Well, looks like my princess if finally awake.”

Tears started falling heavier down my cheeks.  “Mitch?” I asked.  “What are you doing?  And why are you doing it to me?”

I saw him stand up and walk toward the side of the bed.  He then reached over and turned on a light on the side of the bed, illuminating the room and himself.  He was still wearing his tux but had taken his jacket off and had undone all the buttons on his shirt, showing his chest. 

We had to be in some beat down house somewhere because the room looked absolutely awful.  There were water stains on the ceiling and the paint was peeling off the walls.  There was a door to the left but it was closed and a window on the wall to the right of me and I could see it was still dark outside so I probably hadn’t been out that long.

I looked up at Mitch and saw a look on his face that I’d never seen there before.  It was like looking at one of those crazy people you saw on TV shows.  And to be honest, it scared the shit out of me.

“I find you absolutely beautiful when you’re like this, scared and helpless,” he said, reaching for my face.  He traced a finger down my cheek, smearing my tears that were still flowing.  “It makes me love you even more.”

“Mitch, stop, please,” I said, looking at him.  My hands were shaking in their restraints.  “Just let me go.  Please.”

He leaned down and kissed my lips.  I fought back the urge to gag.  “Now, I couldn’t do that.  Then you’d get away from me.  I can’t have that happening.”

He stood up and went back to where he’d set up the computers.   

“What’s that?” I asked.  I wanted to keep him talking as I tried to wiggle my wrists out of the ropes.  He didn’t tie them very good so it probably wouldn’t take me that long to get out. 

“Oh, this?” he asked, running his hand lovingly over the computer screens.  “This is everything to me.”

“Why do you have three screens?  What do you use them for?” I asked, still working on the ropes.

He sat down in his chair and spun around to look at me.  His face was giving me the creeps. 

“You don’t know what I do, do you?” he asked. 

I shook my head, stilling my wrists so that he didn’t notice me trying to get out. 

“Well, I hack into the databases of the FBI, CIA, you get where I’m going with this.  There are a lot of people willing to pay a lot of money for our country’s secrets,” he said. 

“Wow, that’s impressive,” I said.  My voice was normal but I still had tears streaming down my cheeks.  “I didn’t know you were in to computers.”