Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Kane and I checked out of our rooms an hour later.  Nothing else happened while we were up in my room.  Even though I knew I wanted to go farther with him someday, I knew it wasn’t the day.  I wasn’t ready yet but I knew that someday soon I probably would.

I couldn’t stop smiling as I watching him go to the valet to get his car.  When he came back, he smiled as he wrapped both arms around my shoulders and I wrapped mine around his waist.  He didn’t say anything, just held me.  We didn’t need words.

Once we were in the car and headed for my house, he held my hand between us and looked over every few minutes just to smile at me. 

“So where do you live?” I asked.  “You’ve never told me.”

He smiled.  “In the apartment complex about ten minutes away from your house.  It’s not that far of a drive actually.  Just a lot of red lights to go through.”

“Oh, I know where that is,” I said, nodding.  It had been a fairly new apartment complex and it catered to the more upper class people.  Their apartments were like miniature houses.

“And why do you want to know where I live?” he asked, raising an eyebrow and smirking. 

I shrugged.  “Oh, you know.  I have to know where you live so I can stalk you,” I said.  “I’ve got to know your every waking move so I can track you day and night.”

He laughed and brought our intertwined hands up to kiss the back of mine.  “You’re hilarious, Reece,” he said, rolling his eyes. 

“That’s why you love me, though,” I said.

“Well, you’re right there,” he said. 

I laughed and reached over with my other hand to turn up the radio.  There was a good song on so I started to sing it.  After a minute, Kane started singing with me.  On the last few moments of the song’s lyrics, I just listened to him sing.  It was like old times and I loved it.

When we got to my house, Kane turned off the engine and turned toward me.  Smiling he leaned over, took my face in his hands, and kissed me.

“I’ll see you later, okay?” he said, pulling back a few long moments later.

“Alright,” I said, running my finger down his cheek.  “I love you, Kane.”

He smiled a brilliant smile.  “I love you, too, Reece,” he said.  “I always have and I always will.”

I leaned forward and kissed him again quickly.  “You’d better,” I said.

Getting out, I grabbed my duffel bag from the back and headed for the sidewalk leading to the front door.  Before I went inside, I turned and waved at Kane before he backed out of the driveway. 

I was smiling as I walked through the door and shut it behind me.  But that smile dropped off my face when I saw Greer standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. 

“Hey,” I said hesitantly.  “What’s up?”

He didn’t say anything, just looked at me.  I started to walk toward the stairs, which were behind him, but he stepped sideways to block my way. 

“What, Greer?” I asked.  “Just spit it out.”

“You and Kane…you two were…” he started.

“No,” I said quickly. 

“Yes, you were!” he said, pointing at my chest.  “You two were making out in his car just now!  I saw you!”