Chapter 10

It's very short but I've got to add some mystery/suspence in here somewhere...

Chapter 10

She looked at the two men standing in front of her desk.  Both were wearing suits but the two of them couldn’t be more different in how they looked in them. 

“How is everything going?” she asked them.

“I’d say we’re getting somewhere,” one said. 

“I heard that our suspect knew you were tracking him, that he’s tracking you now.”

The other man grimaced.  “We’ve gotten ourselves out of that now.”

“So you’re going to be more careful with what you do,” she stated. 

“Yes, ma’am,” they both said at the same time.

“Now, what about this…”  She looked down at the file in front of her.  “This Macpherson girl.  Reece, I think her name is.  What’s her connection to him?”

“She used to be in a relationship with him a few years back and maybe in recent weeks also.  We don’t know, though,” the first man said.  “We’re keeping our eye on her just in case.”

“But you said that her family was friends with him and his family,” she stated.

“Yes, so that’s why we’re keeping watch on her,” he said.

She nodded, looking down at the file again.  There was a picture of the Macpherson girl in it.  She could guess why the suspect had an interest in her.  From everything they learned about him, he had already been in a relationship with her and it was on and off.  Why he had such an interest in her now, they had no clue.

“Make sure she has someone watching her at all times,” she said to them, looking back up.  “And I’m going to assign another agent to your team to make sure that happens.”

“Yes, ma’am,” they said.

“Good, now get out of my office,” she said, and closed the file.

O.O

Comment, Vote, Like!!!1