Chapter 15

Chapter 15

When I woke up, I couldn’t feel Kane beside me like I thought he would be.  I did hear two people yelling outside the door, though.

“You’re so freakin’ annoying!”  The voice sounded like Pax.  “Why in the world do you get up and come over here just to play Black Ops before you go to work?”

“Because he’s got the better setup!” the same voice from the night before said.  There was some shooting noise in the background.  “All I’ve got are all the computers.  He got hooked up with the flat screen and Xbox!  Lucky SOB.  Why couldn’t I have gotten one of these?”

“Because you’re the geeky computer guy,” Pax said. 

“But that’s reason enough for me to have one!”

I sat up in the bed and looked around the room.  There really wasn’t much to it, just the bed and a dresser opposite it with two doors I was guessing for the bathroom and a closet.  There was a little table beside the huge king-size bed with a picture frame on top of it.  The picture was of me and Kane when we dated the first time.  I smiled at how young we looked. 

 I flipped the covers off of me and stood up.  Walking to the door, I opened it up just as Pax and the other guy started yelling again. 

I probably should have put some pants on before I stepped out of the bedroom.

“Sweet baby Jesus,” the guy on the couch said.  His eyes widened as he stared at my bare legs.  He had on black square glasses, a red plaid flannel shirt, jeans, and Converse.  You could tell he had some muscled beneath, though.  He was cute in that geeky kind of way. 

“I’m so sorry!” I said, pulling the hem of Kane’s shirt lower so it would cover my black lace panties. 

“Damn girl,” Pax said.  She was sitting on chair beside the couch.  “I wish I could look that good when I first wake up in the morning.”

I reached up and touched my hair.  It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.  “I’m sorry,” I said, backing back into the bedroom. 

“No need,” Pax said, waving her hand for me to come out again.  “Jeremy’s seen girls before, though this is probably the first time out of a magazine…”  She looked over at the guy – Jeremy – grinning.

“Yeah, I have,” he said, looking over at her a moment before looking back at me.  He grinned.  “But not one’s as fine as you.”

Pax leaned over and smacked him on the back of the head. 

“Ow, what was that for?” Jeremy asked, rubbing his head. 

“For being an idiot,” she answered, smiling sweetly at him.  She looked back at me.  “This is Jeremy, our next door neighbor.  He seems to like Kane’s place better than his own since he’s always over here.”

“Again, you guys have the Xbox,” he said, picking the control back up to put his game on Pause. 

“Kane’s in the kitchen if you were wondering,” Pax said, looking back at me.

“Yeah, making breakfast for his sexy lady,” Jeremy said, grinning.  “That’d be you.”

That earned him another smack on the back of the head from Pax and I laughed. 

I walked past them and toward where I was guessing was the kitchen. 

“He seriously walked out on her all those years ago?” I heard Jeremy say.  “Damn, I wish I’d gotten to her first…Ow!  What the hell?  Stop hitting me!”