Epilogue

Epilogue

Six Years Later

I was sitting at the kitchen table, thrumming my fingers against it as I heard the garage door open. My heart started pounding with excitement as Kane's car pulled in and I heard the engine turn off.

I didn't know how he was going to take this.

I didn't even know how I was taking this.

Life had been good for the past six years. But what made it better was spending every day with Kane.

We'd gotten married almost four years ago. Kane had proposed to me on my twentieth birthday in front of my entire family. I had been so surprised that I couldn't even speak as I'd looked down at him with my hands covering my mouth. I had to nod to tell him my answer.

And after months of planning, we'd gotten married at the same place my parents had.

After being married a year, we started trying to have a baby. And after a year of nothing happening, we decided to go see an infertility doctor. I'd gotten on infertility drugs but none of them worked. I had stopped them three months ago, hoping that we'd get pregnant without the help of any drugs.

And boy did I get my wish.

Kole and Mia were doing great also. They had another baby, Bryce, two years after Elise was born. Elise was the spitting image of Mia with her dark red curls and Bryce looked exactly like Kole.

Greer had finally moved out about six months after I moved in with Kane...and he had started dating a girl named Phoebe, who had lived in his apartment building. They just got married a year ago.

Pax and Jeremy were, of course, still active parts in our lives. That was mostly because Dylan and Jake were still best friends, along with Gabby, who was Jake's preschool girlfriend. It was so funny seeing the three of them together.

Pax and Jeremy had another baby - a boy - and named him Ethan. He was almost four now.

When I heard the door open and close and Kane's footstep coming toward the kitchen, a smile spread across my face. He stepped into the kitchen just as he started loosening his tie. When he spotted me, smiling, he looked confused.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I started laughing as I stood up, tucking the ultrasound picture the back pocket of my jeans, and went over to him. "Is that how you greet your wife when you come home from work?" I asked.

He started grinning as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me toward him for a kiss. "Hello, my beautiful wife," he said, smiling down at me.

I laughed. "Now that's more like it," I said.

"So what did you do today?" he asked, going to the fridge and opening it.

Here we go.

"I went to the doctor this afternoon," I said nervously.

Kane looked back at me, worry on his face. "Are you okay? You're not sick, are you?"

"Well, I have been for the past week or so," I said.

"What's wrong?" he asked, coming back toward me.

Slowly, I reached into my back pocket and pulled out the ultrasound pictures. I held them behind my back, though.

"You still want to be a daddy, right?" I asked.

Kane's face was blank for a moment before a breathtaking smile lit up his face.

"You're pregnant?" he asked excitedly.

I nodded. "Nine weeks," I said, pulling the ultrasound pictures around from behind my back.

Before he even looked at them, he picked me up and spun me around, laughing.

"We're going to have a baby!" he yelled, setting me back down on my feet.

I started unfolding the pictures with shaky hands. "About that," I said. "Take away the Y in baby and add I-E-S."

He grabbed the pictures from my hand and stared down at them with his mouth hanging open.

"Two?"

I nodded, looking down at the two little blobs in the picture. "We're having twins," I said, smiling. "The technician said that they're probably going to be identical since they're in the same sack. That's how it usually..."

Before I knew it, Kane dropped to his knees and wrapped his arms around my legs. He pulled me close to him and kissed my stomach.

"We're having twins," he said, looking up at me with his eyes shining.

I nodded, running my fingers through his hair. "Yeah, we are," I said.

He pressed a kiss to my stomach again and stood up to hug me. "I really hope their girls and they look just like you," he said.

I laughed, hugging him back. "I wouldn't mind having two boys that look like their dad either," I said.

He laughed, kissing my temple. "Have you told anyone else?" he asked.

"No, I was waiting to tell you first. We'll tell them at dinner tonight," I said.

He put both of his hands on my face and pulled me toward him for a long kiss.

"Careful," I said against his lips. "That's how you got me into this situation."

Kane just laughed, kissing me again.

***Oh. My. Gosh.

It's finished! *tear* So did you like the ending? I know I did!

So there's something else that I've got to tell you.

I think I'm actually going to write one more book with my awesome Macpherson family! This time it's going to be from Jake's and Gabby's (she's Jake and Dylan's other friend if you didn't know, which you should because I said who she was in the epilogue!) POVs. I don't know when I'm going to start writing it, though, because I want to work on my other book I have on hold here and maybe another one that I've started. It might be a few weeks before you see anything about it but I promise to keep you guys updated!

Keep Commenting, Voting, and Liking!!!1***