Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Pulling up to the scene in her black SUV, there were already a dozen police cars out at the front of the hotel.  People were lining up outside to see what was going on and news crews were standing, giving live reports.  When she got out and started walking through to the doors, she could hear what they were saying.

“Reece Macpherson, daughter of multi-millionaire businessman Ian Macpherson, is missing after an unnamed suspect kidnapped her here…”

“There is no word on the whereabouts of Miss Macpherson and the authorities aren’t giving any details…”

They weren’t going to release the name of their prime suspect due to the fact that this case was high up in the federal level.  No matter what the reporters asked, they weren’t getting answers until this guy was taken down.

When they spotted her going for the doors, all of the reporters stuck their microphones in front of her face and shouted questions. 

“We’re not giving any details at the time.  The team that has been working on this case is working even harder now to find Reece Macpherson.  When we find her, you’ll get your news,” she said to all of them before stepping inside the lobby of the hotel.

There were a crowd of high schoolers in their dresses and tuxedos in the ballroom where their dance was being held earlier, watching with wide eyes as the policemen tried to tell them that everything would be alright and they were to stay calm.  They all watched as she came in and went to where they had pretty much set up a command post in the middle of the room. 

“Oh, my God,” she heard a girl say. 

She turned around to see the team that had been working on the case walked into the ballroom in full uniform – including their police tactical rifles in hand and pistols strapped to their thighs – and walk toward her.  Each of them had fire blazing in their eyes.

“We’ve checked the perimeter and there’s no sign of him,” one of the team members his, voice tight. 

“We did find this in a hallway leading to an emergency door that leads out into the alleyway behind the hotel,” another said, holding up a syringe in a plastic bag.  “From the looks of it, we were right before when we said he broke into the school to get the chemicals to make the drug.  We’re going to have to bring it in for testing to make sure.”

She nodded, grabbing the bag and setting it on the table.  “Now, do we have any way of tracking her?  Did she have cell phone on her at all?”

They all shook their heads.

“She’d left her bag in the limo.  Her friends confirmed,” one said, nodding over at the girls who were sitting at one of the tables.  They were crying as a police officer questioned them. 

“Do we have any other way of tracking her?  Or him even?” she asked them.

She looked at each of their faces and then one of them looked shocked for a moment before pulling together. 

“Yeah, we do.”