Chapter 48: Bringing Babies Home

After careful consideration and knowing that I wasn't going to go into details about the birth, I've decided to skip it all together. I don't even know where I'd begin writing it if I didn't skip it and that will make this chapter the last chapter of TMD. Enjoy! xx

Valerie's POV:

~January 13th~

"You ready to bring them home?" Louis asked, getting into the car and smiling. I smiled back and nodded. It had been five weeks since the c-section and because the twins were premature, the doctors wanted to keep them in the NICU to monitor their health. She gave us all a scare when her heart rate slowed down, but Adrienne Anne Tomlinson was a perfectly healthy baby now, along with her brother, Aiden Harold Tomlinson. 

Louis and I had already made it to the car with the twins without having any trouble from the paps or the fans, and now we were heading home. Louis closed the door behind him and started up the car. He pulled out of the parking spot and started home.

Louis pulled up to the curb by the flat and sighed at the crowd of paps around the building.

"I swear to God if they try to pull any shit..." Louis grumbled. I reached to hold his hand and he turned to look at me.

"Let's just get the twins inside and if the paps pull anything you can yell at them later okay?" Louis chuckles a little before opening the door and getting out, me doing the same. What happened next surprised the both of us.

The paps turned and saw us, but they were quiet, not one question or comment thrown our way. The only sounds were the clicks of their cameras which, thankfully, had the flash turned off. Louis and I met each other's gazes for a moment before smiling and moving to get the twins from their car seats. I held Adrienne while Louis took Aiden and we made our way to the door, the paps parting like the Red Sea to let us through. Louis was smiling the whole time, glad that the paps were behaving and actually respecting us.

We reached the building entrance and made our way to the flat door. Louis was about to open the door when Liam opened it for us.

"I saw you guys come in," he explained.

"Did you see the paps?" Louis asked as we walked into the flat and Liam shut the door. Liam nodded.

"Yeah," he said, "Incredible. I've never seen them actually do that."

"Where's my godson?" Harry asked as he walked into the room. He walked right up to Louis and smiled down at Aiden, "Hello there, Aiden Harry-"

"Harold," I corrected. Harry glared up at me and shook his head.

"No," he said, "Harry. I refuse to say Harold." Louis chuckled and passed Aiden over to Harry. 

"Hey, you're the one that wanted him to be named after you," I said, "It's what you wanted." Harry simply stuck his tongue out at me, then looked back down to Aiden. I looked down at Adrienne, who was still sleeping sounding in my arms. I smiled tiredly and sighed, trying not to yawn. Louis walked over to me and gently took her from my arms and cradled her close.

"You tired?" he asked. I just shrugged.

"Not really," I lied. Louis gave me a look and I shrugged again, "I just wanna stay awake okay?" He nodded. We told Harry that it was time to put the twins in the cribs and Harry pouted before following us upstairs and into my, now our, room, where we had set up two cribs. During the five weeks the twins were in the NICU and Louis, and I after I was discharged, got all the baby stuff we didn't get before I was in the hospital.

Once we put the twins in the cribs, Harry left the room and Louis and I lay down on our bed.

"This is incredible," Louis sighed, "Two beautiful children, a gorgeous girlfriend, I couldn't ask for more." I turned on my side to face him and I pecked his lips. He smiled and sat up, reaching over to the side table and digging around in the drawer before pulling something out of it and shutting it again. He sat cross legged on the bed, his hand behind his back, him facing me. I sat up, cross legged.

"I meant to give this to you a while ago," he said, "But now's as good a time as any." He pulled a small box from behind his and opened it, revealing a ring, "This is a promise ring. When you wear this ring, I want you to remember that I am truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you."

"Are you quoting your own song again?" I giggled.

"Shush now," Louis said, "I'm trying to be romantic." I laughed and let him continue, "By giving you this ring, I'm promising that when things have calmed down more, when Aiden and Adrienne are a little older and aren't so dependent on us, I'm going to marry you. And that's a promise that I have absolutely no intention of breaking." Louis took the ring from the box and slid it onto my finger and once he had done that, I pulled him by the front of his shirt and kissed him hard. He smiled into the kiss and we both lay down without breaking the kiss.

"I DON'T HEAR ANY TALKING IN THERE," Harry called from downstairs, "YOU'VE ALREADY GOT TWO BABIES, DON'T GO MAKING MORE." I winced at the volume of his voice, hoping that the twins wouldn't wake, and when they didn't I just chuckled.

Life honestly couldn't get any better.

A.N.:

ANNNDDDD... SCENE!!

Thank you so much for reading guys. It's currently August 13th, 16 days before August 29th, mine and Liam's birthday, and the day I plan on starting the sequel to TMD, Twisted. Again, thank you so much for reading guys!!

Until the sequel, later gaters! xx