Chapter 21: Threats

Valerie’s POV:

*Two Days Later*

After the kiss we discussed what we knew had to be talked about. We had decided to keep our relationship and the baby a secret from the fans and management. The girls already knew that I was pregnant, but they were surprised to see Louis in the living room when they left their rooms that day. When we told them that we had made up, well, let’s just say that to say they were happy for us would be an understatement. The boys on the other hand…

Sure, they were happy for us, but Harry had taken up the role of the overprotective brother, warning Louis that if he fucked up one more time, he’d have his balls on a silver platter. Liam sent Louis a warning as well, telling him that he (and Niall and Zayn) would not hesitate to kick his ass if Louis made a mistake like that again. As for the pregnancy, well, they were happy for us.

Keeping our relationship a secret from the outside world would be the easy part, well, at least easier compared to keeping the pregnancy a secret. That meant that when I started showing, I’d have to stay in the flat as much as possible. If one picture of a baby bump got leaked, me, and more importantly the baby, would be in danger. Louis was urging me to stay home and rest as much as possible while he was away, not only to keep it a secret, but to not stress me out.

And then there were the fans… don’t get me wrong, many of them are great, but there were also the haters, more specifically the fans who blamed the ‘Valouis’ breakup on me. Their comments were pretty nasty and they hadn’t died down in the past month. Their tweets and comments ranged from calling me a whore to accusing me of cheating on Louis. There were even a few death threats.

Louis had decided to stay for the rest of their break from tour. He and Zayn had just left to catch their flight back to the states. I was alone in the flat, currently sitting in my bedroom, talking to Dan on the phone. We were making plans to start up my YouTube channel and let me tell you, I was pretty excited.

“So what song are you thinking of making a cover for?” Dan asked. I got up and walked out of my room and down the stairs.

“I was thinking something along the lines of ‘Catch My Breath’ by Kelly Clarkson,” I said, “Or maybe ‘Daylight’ by Maroon 5.”

“Those are some good ones,” Dan said, “Now, what were you thinking for the username?”

“Well, I-” I started to talk but the sound of shattering glass interrupted me. I screamed and nearly dropped my phone.

“Val?!” Dan said, his voice full of concern, “Val, what happened?”

“I, I don’t know,” I said. I walked into the kitchen and cried out when I stepped on something sharp.

“Ow!”

“Val?”

“Sorry, um,” I started. I looked down at the glass covered ground and a rock that lay in the middle of the floor. My foot was starting to sting and when I looked at the bottom, I cursed, seeing the blood, “Just, uh, I just stepped on some glass, that’s all.”

“And why was there glass on the floor?” Dan asked.

“Someone threw a rock through the window in the kitchen,” I said.

“Okay,” Dan said, “Just sit down or something and take care of your foot. Phil and I will be over in a minute to help.”

“You don’t have-”

“Don’t tell me I don’t have to,” Dan said, “I want to come and help, so does Phil. We’ll be over in a few minutes.” Dan hung up and I ended the call as well. I limped into the living room, not being able to walk in the kitchen because of the glass on the floor. Just my luck, the one day I’m walking around barefoot…

In a few minutes there was a knock at the door.

“It’s unlocked,” I called. The door opened and Dan and Phil came in. Phil immediately went into the kitchen and Dan walked over to me.

“Let me see your foot,” he said. He sat down next to me and I let him look at the bottom of my foot. He touched the skin around the cut and I hissed at the pain, “Sorry,” he apologized, “Hey Phil? Could you bring me a few washcloths?” Dan called. I heard some drawers opening and soon Phil came back with the cloth in hand. Dan took them and handed one to me, “Put that in your mouth and bite down if it really hurts,” he said. I did as he told me and he started cleaning the bottom of my foot. I bit down on the cloth as the stinging intensified.

“Almost done,” Dan said after a minute, “I’ll be right back.” He got up and walked into the bathroom, coming out with some bandages and gauze in hand. He put gauze onto the cut and wrapped the bandages around it to keep it in place.

“That should do it,” he said, “Just don’t walk on it for a bit, let the skin close up.”

“Hey Dan!” Phil called from the kitchen, “Can you come here for a second?” Dan got up and went into the kitchen. I heard Dan and Phil whispering hurriedly and in about a minute they came back into the living room, Phil holding the rock that had broken the window. He handed it to me and I saw that someone had painted a message onto it.

"We know where you live, don’t forget that."

A.N.:
HOLA!!!
Okay, so at the beginning of Spanish class my teacher looked at my water bottle (which has three One Direction wristbands wrapped around the middle) and he tried reading it. He read 'One Direction' and then asked "Is that that pop rock boyband?" I nodded and he just went "AWWW THAT'S SO CUTE" in one of those cooing voices. I immediately tried to hide my face behind my water bottle and blushed. Clay, who sits next to me in Spanish, was laughing and he said "No! ... they're hot!"
Oh my God...
And then when the teacher was collecting the homework, I had the handwritten copy of this and the next few chapters of TMD in my hands and when the teacher got to my desk he tried prying the papers out of my hands.
And then during the notes the teacher started talking really REALLY fast in Spanish about random things and random topics that people said... just to annoy and frustrate a student who was being sassy to him. He then proceeded to change his accent, talking like a pirate, Dr. Evil, and Mator.
This is why I love Spanish class...
I also had to stay after school to catch up on my Spanish homework. While I was working, Senor K (the teacher obviously) was hanging up these body diagrams that is Spanish 2 or Spanish 1 students had done. AND GUESS WHAT ONE OF THE DIAGRAMS WAS A PICTURE OF...
HARRY. STYLES.
And Senor K knows that I love One Direction, so he pointed it out to me and we got into this discussion about One Direction and fan wars and all the latest 1D gossip. I'm being completely serious here... Senor K understands
He also mentioned how I always seem to zone out during quizzes and how I take longer than other students to finish the quizzes. He asked me if I get distracted or if my thoughts wander off and I said yes... these are his exact next words:
"Well, there are ways to get focused and push your mind in one direction."
I almost started laughing at the irony...
Okay... I think I've shared enough for one chapter... until next time, LATER GATERS!! :*