Chapter 25: Excitement

Valerie’s POV:

As soon as Gemma and I walked into the flat my phone rang.

“WE’RE BACK!” Gemma called to the others. I heard scrambling from the kitchen and running footsteps. Dan emerged from the kitchen, only to trip and fall right on his face in front of Gemma. Gemma giggled and held out her hand to help him up.

“Careful there Dan,” she said. I fished my phone out of my pockets and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hi babe,” Louis said. I smiled and walked away from Gemma and Dan.

“Hi Louis,” I said, “So, I have some good news…”

“So do I,” Louis said.

“You go first,” I said, as I walked up the stairs.

“Well,” Louis said, “You remember how I said that the bus crashed into someone’s car? And how the driver was most likely not going to make it?”

“Yes…”

“Well, the driver died.”

“I don’t see how this is good news Louis,” I said as I walked into my room. Louis chuckled.

“The driver was Eleanor,” Louis said, “Eleanor’s dead!” My jaw dropped.

“No way,” I breathed.

“Way,” he said, “Eleanor’s gone; we don’t have to worry about her anymore.” I smiled.

“Does that mean we don’t have to hide anymore?” I asked.

“If that’s what you want,” Louis said, “Then no, no more hiding.”

“Oh my gosh,” I said, “Yeah, yeah that’s what I want.” Louis chuckled.

“Then so be it,” he said, “Now, what was it that you wanted to tell me?” I smiled again and bit my lip.

“Well,” I started, “I had the appointment today…”

“I know,” Louis said.

“And the doctor found something…”

“Didn’t find anything wrong did they?” Louis asked, becoming serious quickly.

“No,” I said, “No no, nothing's wrong! Why would it be good news if there was something wrong?”

“True,” Louis said, “Sorry for interrupting, please continue.” If possible my smile got bigger.

“Twins Louis,” I said, “We’re having twins.” It was silent on the other side of the line, “Louis?” I heard a loud crashing sound and cheering on the other end.

“TWINS!!” Louis yelled, “TWINS TWINS TWINS TWINS!!!” I laughed as I listened to Louis chanting. There was a rustling sound and I soon heard Niall’s voice.

“Val?”

“Yeah?”

“Although I think already I know why, would you care to explain why Louis just dropped his phone and is currently hopping around the bus like a maniac, cheering about twins?”

“Probably because I just told him that I’m pregnant with twins,” I said.

“LOUIS! STOP JUMPING ON THE SOFA!” I heard Liam yell from the other end, “YOU’RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF!”

“TWINS!” Louis yelled again. Niall laughed.

“Well, congrats,” he said, “Um, I’ll have Louis call you back once he’s calmed down.”

“Alright, bye Niall.”

“Bye Val.”

Louis’s POV:

“TWINS TWINS TWINS TWINS TWINS…”

“LOUIS!” Liam yelled, “SHUT. YOUR. MOUTH. OR. I. WILL. SHUT. IT. FOR. YOU.”

I fell silent for a moment and stopped jumping on the sofa, but Liam’s outburst didn’t dampen my good mood and my excitement. TWINS!!!

“Twins…” I murmured, smiling. Liam sighed and rubbed his temples.

“Louis,” he said calmly, “Why are you yelling about twins?”

“Because that’s what Val’s having,” Niall said, setting my phone on the nearby table, “She’s pregnant with twins.” I just kept smiling, unable to stop. Liam smiled a little.

“Well congrats Lou,” he said, “But I recommend you get down from the sofa before you fall and break your neck. Or hurt your arm more.” When I had fallen out of the bunk, I had bruised my shoulder and it was sensitive to any movement or touch. I sighed and hopped off the sofa, jostling my arm a little. I pouted and whined. Liam gave me one of his ‘see what I mean’ looks. I just stuck my tongue out at him. Niall chuckled.

“If your kids are anything at all like you Louis, you and Val are going to have your hands full,” Liam said.

The door to the bus opened and Harry and Zayn walked in, followed closely by Paul.

“Okay,” Paul sighed, clapping his hands, “We’ll be able to get back on the road tomorrow. The police are wrapping up the investigation and they won’t need to talk to us again.”

“Did they figure out why she crashed?” Niall asked. Paul shook his head.

“There wasn’t anything wrong with her car,” he said, “Nothing was tampered with at all and we were pretty much in the middle of nowhere so she wasn’t swerving to avoid anything. They're saying that she did it on purpose.”

“Why would she do it on purpose?” Liam mused. Paul shrugged.

“Maybe she had a death wish,” Paul said.

“Any sign of Derek?” Harry asked. Paul shook his head again.

“He’s disappeared,” Paul said, “Last time anyone saw him was back in May.” Paul walked out of the room and back to the bunks, no doubt going to catch up on the hours of sleep he had missed since yesterday.

“So what now?” Niall asked. We were silent for a moment before Zayn suggested something.

“Guys night?”