Chapter 8: Danisnotonfire

Valerie’s POV:
          “Let’s just go out for a little bit,” I begged, “I’m so sick of just sitting around the flat!”
          “Your ankle’s still healing…” Holly reminded me.
          “I’m fully aware,” I said, “I just don’t want to be cooped up here for the next week.” Holly sighed and rubbed her forehead.
          “I feel like I’m babysitting a ten year old,” she sighed, “Okay, we’ll go for a walk I guess, but-”
          “YAY!” I cheered, standing up and running, no, limping to find my jumper. Holly chuckled from behind me.
          “You and Louis are seriously perfect for each other,” Holly said, “Really, you two are both such kids at heart.” I smiled, “I’m going to go and see if anyone else wants to come along.”

          Danielle hadn’t wanted to come along and Perrie was tired so it was just Kiara, Holly, and me. We were walking through the park and because the wind was blowing in our faces, we were looking down. We had been walking for a few minutes when I tripped. I let out a little cry of surprise as I began to fall and I was relieved when someone caught me.
          “Whoa there,” the guy said, making sure that I wasn’t going to fall again. I looked up at the man to thank him and I smiled when I saw who it was.
          “Dan?” I asked. He studied my face before recognizing me.
          “Valerie?” I nodded. Dan smiled and held out his hand to shake mine, “Well, it’s nice to finally meet you.”
          “Ditto,” I said. I glanced over at the other two and nearly laughed when I saw Holly trying to contain her fangirling, “Dan, this is Holly. She’s the one who showed me your videos.” Dan smiled at Holly and shook her hand, just making it even more difficult for her not to fangirl. I then introduced him to Kiara and they shook hands.
          “So, how’re the lads?” Dan asked, looking between the three of us.
          “They’re doing well,” I said, “But Louis hurt his knee last night.”
          “How’d he do that?”
          “He was probably goofing around with Harry,” I chuckled.
          “So Dan,” Holly said, finally able to speak without squealing, “Where are you off to?”
          “I was just going for a stroll,” he said.
          “So were we,” Kiara said, “Maybe you could join us?”
          “Sure,” Dan said. The girls and I walked through the park with Dan for about an hour, getting to know him more. By the end of the hour, we were laughing at the jokes Dan was telling us.
          “I should get going,” Dan said, checking the time on his phone, “Hey, wanna exchange numbers so we can chat?” We all agreed and exchanged phone numbers with Dan. He said goodbye and walked off.
          “He’s amazing,” Holly sighed, letting her fangirl side take over. I rolled my eyes.
          “No, Phil’s amazing,” I said, “Dan just isn’t on fire.”

Louis’s POV:
          I was laughing so hard my sides hurt. Good God, some of the stuff the tabloids came up with…
          “Whatcha laughin’ at Louis?” Niall asked, coming to sit next to me. I wiped the tears that had fallen because I was laughing so hard.
          “This,” I said, passing my laptop over to Niall. A fan had sent me this article that said that Valerie had been cheating on me with Dan Howell, a guy who had interviewed us a while back; I obviously didn’t believe it, I just found it funny.
          “Why were you laughing at this?” Niall asked after reading it over, “Aren’t you at least a little concerned?” I shook my head.
          “I know that Val would never cheat on me,” I said, “Plus look at some of the stuff they’re saying. They’ve said that they were seen in an alleyway, making out and nearly ripping each other’s clothes off. Please, it took Valerie a few months to be comfortable enough to…”
          “To what?” Harry asked, coming into the room, “Were you about to say what I think you were going to say?” He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. My eyes widened.
          “No, I um… I was just going to say that… erm…” I stammered, before giving up trying to explain and just getting up and walking out of the room, Niall’s laughter echoing behind me.