Chapter 29: Love Will Find a Way..... Eventually

Harry’s POV:

I felt the bus come to a stop and I decided that it would be best to get out and see the others. I tried not to worry about what happened at the end of the call, which had been a couple of hours ago, but it kept creeping up from the back of my mind. I walked away from the bunks and into the living area, where the others were already seated.

“Good afternoon Harry,” Niall said, cheerily. Way too cheerily.

“Fuck off,” I muttered, not in the mood for happy greetings. Niall frowned and glanced over to Liam and Louis, who just shrugged.

“Well look who woke up on the wrong side of the bunk,” Louis said. I turned and sent a glare at him and he frowned, “Geez, what’s got you in a bad mood on this fine afternoon?”

“Haven’t been on twitter I’m guessing?” I said as I walked over to the fridge to get something to eat. Liam, being the twitter wiz he is, was on in seconds and knew exactly what I was talking about.

“Damn,” he muttered, glancing up from his phone to me, “You really screwed up Har-”

“You think I don’t know that already?” I snapped, not really in the mood to have anyone telling me what happened. I already knew. Liam held up his hands in surrender and they all went back to what they were doing before I got up.

Louis flipped through the channels on the TV, so fast that no one could really tell what was on.

“Louis, just pick a channel already,” Niall said. Louis settled on some celebrity gossip show and relaxed into his seat.

“Oh come on,” Niall groaned, “Anything but that.”

“Well, you told me to pick a channel, so that’s what I did.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t mean-”

“Guys,” Liam interrupted their argument, “Look.” I turned around to see Liam pointing at the TV screen, where a woman was explaining something that had happened.

“A couple hours ago ambulances showed up at the apartment building where the boyband, One Direction, is known to be living. People were unsure why until a gurney rolled out with one of the boys’ girlfriends lying on it. We’re still unclear as to what exactly happened at this point…”

“Pause it,” Liam said and Louis grabbed the remote and pressed the pause button. It was paused on a picture of the medics outside of the flat, loading the gurney into the ambulance.

“Can you see who it is?” Niall asked. I looked closely at the screen. It was blurry, but there was no mistaking those blond curls.

“No,” I moaned, “No, no, no, no, no…”

I backed away from the TV and rushed towards the bunks. Before any of the boys could ask what I was doing, I had packed a bag and was already halfway to the door.

“Harry, stop,” Liam said, reaching out to grab my shoulder. I shook his hand off and kept going.

“You’ll have to do the show without me tonight,” I said.

“Harry-”

“I need to make sure she’s alright.”

“Harry-”

“It’s my fault.”

“Harry, listen to me.”

“WHAT?” I exploded, turning to face Liam, “WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY HAVE TO SAY THAT WOULD CHANGE MY MIND?” Liam jumped back at my outburst.

“Harry, think logically,” he said, “Is it really that important to blow off concerts just to do this?”

“Yes,” I said immediately, “It is, and you’re not going to stop me Liam, no matter how much you try.”

“No,” a voice from behind me said, “But I will.” I turned to face Paul.

“I’m going,” I insisted, “Whether you like it or not.” Paul crossed his arms and held his ground. I was getting desperate at this point. I had to make sure Holly was okay, even if she hated me for what I did, I needed to do this. I’d do anything to be with her right now.

“Please,” I begged, the desperation seeping into my words, “I need to know that’s she’s going to be okay. It’s my fault she did this and if she dies… if she dies I’ll never forgive myself.” Paul took a deep breath. He uncrossed his arms and ran his hand down his face.

“I’m sorry Harry,” he said, looking between me and Liam, who was still standing behind me, “I can’t let you go.” I let my head fall, “Even if one of the others helped you get past me,” Paul said, looking at Liam again, “I couldn’t let you go.” Paul winked and I got what he was trying to say. I glanced behind me at Liam, who nodded. Liam and I headed for the door and I easily slipped by Paul as Liam “held him back”.

No doubt Paul would still have to punish us for this, just to make it look like it wasn’t his idea to let me go, but it would be worth it…

I hoped…

*Next Morning*

Holly’s POV:

“How much longer is she going to be like this?”

“She should be waking up soon.”

“How long will she need to stay here?”

“Well, we’ll need to keep her here for observation, evaluate her mental status, see if she needs therapy, things like that. Once that’s done, she’ll be free to go.”

I opened my eyes and blinked at the brightness. My throat was dry and my arms and legs felt heavy, like I couldn’t even move them an inch.

The door opened and I turned to see Valerie talking to a doctor. The doctor glanced over at me and saw that I was awake.

“Hi Holly,” she said in a soothing voice. She walked over to the bed and stood next to me, “How do you feel?”

“Fine,” I said. The doctor nodded.

“Alright, just let us know if you need anything.” She smiled sweetly, “Do you remember what happened?” I was silent for a moment before nodding. I remembered exactly what happened and the reasons behind it. She nodded before leaving the room. Valerie walked over to the other side of the bed and sat down in one of the chairs, leaning forward.

“How are you really?” she asked. I looked down at the blanket, trying to hide the fact that I was on the verge of tears.

“I just can’t believe he’d do that,” I said. Valerie settled back into the chair.

“He’s here,” she said after a moment of silence, “Harry’s been waiting outside your room, all night.” I looked up.

“Has he been in here?” Valerie shook her head.

“Gemma wouldn’t let him in,” she said, “No one knew if you’d want to see him or not, with what happened and all.”

“No,” I said, “Let him in.” Valerie raised an eyebrow.

“Are you sure?” she asked. I nodded. She got up and walked out of the room. As the door closed slowly, I heard rushed voices, quietly talking, and a few moments later, Harry walked in.

“Hi,” he said, “How are you?” He spoke with caution, like I was a child that would throw a tantrum if the wrong words were said.

“I’ve been better,” I said. He walked over to the chair Valerie had been sitting and sat down.

“I’m sorry Holly,” he said, “I don’t know exactly what happened that night. I was drunk and I had no idea what I was doing. I know that’s not an excuse, but I need you to know that I truly am sorry.” He kept eye contact with me, making sure I heard every word he said, “Words can’t even convey how sorry I am about what I did.” I sighed.

“And I accept your apology,” I said. It was Harry’s turn to sigh.

“But…” I bit my lip and closed my eyes for a moment, thinking of how to word this.

“I love you Harry,” I said, “I really, really do. But I don’t know if I can do this.” He swallowed and looked at the ground.

“So you’re saying we take a break?” I nodded.

“I just can’t trust you not to do the same thing over again as soon as you leave,” I said. He nodded and looked back up at me.

“Is- is there any way to fix this?” he asked, “Fix us?” I thought for a moment.

“Show me that you love me,” I said, “Find a way to show me that you truly love me and when you come back… well, we’ll see.”