Chapter 18: Shattered Heart

Valerie’s POV:

I had gotten out of there as fast as I could. I hadn’t wanted to break down in front of him, so when I closed the door I took a shaky breath and let the tears fall.

He broke up with me.

We were over.

It was morning now and I woke up with the girls around me in Liam’s room. I had come here last night. Liam had stayed in Niall’s room while we girls hung out, respecting the fact that I didn’t want to tell him what was going on. None of the others knew. Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Harry had no idea what happened last night.

The boys had an interview today so Holly, Danielle, and Perrie had gotten up early to go with them.

“You gonna be okay Val?” Holly asked as she stretched. I sighed and nodded.

“Yeah,” I said. My eyes burned from all the crying last night and I had to continually blink.

“You want to come downstairs with us to get some breakfast?” Danielle asked. I nodded and got off the bed. Holly went to go and get Dan so he could watch Kiara so she wouldn’t be alone. The rest of us headed down to the lobby, where they had breakfast for the people staying. I wasn’t particularly hungry, so I just sat down at one of the chairs and sulked.

I know that Louis thought he was doing this to protect me, but he just broke my heart. And what’s worse, he let Eleanor win. She didn’t want us together and now look what’s happened.

I glanced up just in time to see the boys come into the lobby. The others were all cheery, clueless to what had happened last night, but Louis had dark bags under his eyes and he looked as though he hadn’t gotten any sleep at all. He looked up and caught sight of me but I looked away, not wanting him to see me so broken over him.

Soon I smelled the familiar scent of his cologne and I looked up to see him sitting opposite me.

“Val, I-”

“I don’t want to hear it Louis,” I interrupted him, “Don’t you get it? I could have dealt with the danger.”

“I don’t want you to get hurt,” he said, “It kills me to see you hurt and it’s agony knowing that I caused your tears last night.”

“Then why?” I said, not bothering to keep my voice low, “Why did you do it?” We were starting to attract the attention of the others.

“You don’t understand,” Louis said, “I love you Valerie, I love you with all my heart, but she’ll hurt you if we’re together, and I can’t handle it if she hurts you one more time because she’s trying to get to me.” I scoffed, nodding.

“You’re right Louis,” I said and he perked up a little, “I don’t understand.” I stood up and stormed out of the lobby.

Harry’s POV:

Valerie stormed out of the lobby. Louis hit the table with his fist, got up, and followed her out.

“What the fuck just happened?” Zayn asked. I noticed the girls exchange glances.

“They broke up last night,” Danielle said.

“What?!” we all exclaimed. The girls nodded. I clenched my fists. He said that he would never hurt Valerie, and now…

Louis walked back into the lobby and sat at the opposite side of the room, bringing his knees to his chest and burying his face in the fabric.

“Do you guys know what happened?” Liam asked. The girls shrugged.

“I don’t know,” Holly sighed. Liam checked his watch and sighed.

“We need to get going guys,” he said. We threw away our garbage while Liam went to go and get Louis up. I watched Liam try to coax Louis to look up and stand, which he was failing miserably at. Liam gave Louis a light shove on the back to try to get him off the chair, making Louis tilt forward. Louis went tumbling to the ground, not even trying to catch himself. He just lay on the ground, his face in the carpet, his shoulders shaking. I heard his sharp intake of breath from all the way over here and I knew he was crying. Liam sighed and took Louis under the arms and pulled him up. He stood him up and gave him a few light slaps to the cheek.

“Pull it together Lou,” he said, “Just pull it together for a few hours.”

“I-I made a mistake Li-Liam,” Louis sobbed, “I- I-”

“I know Lou,” Liam said, “But you need to get it together for the interview” Louis nodded and Liam tried to figure out how to make him look presentable for the paps that were only to be expected to be outside the hotel, “Dani? Can you come over here and help me?” Danielle grabbed some napkins and walked over to Liam and Louis. She wiped the tears from his face and straightened out his shirt a little.

“You’ll have to keep your hood up and your head down,” Danielle said. Louis nodded, sniffling and wiping his nose.

Seeing all this, my anger faltered a little, but how much he was hurting still didn’t change the fact that he had hurt my sister.

A.N.:
So... hi...
Another chappy... yay....
My school caught on fire this morning... yeah... so... no school today...
Erm... Anyways, later gaters!