Chapter 20: Forgiven

Valerie’s POV:

I just sat there, staring at the test I held in my hands.

Pregnant.

I was pregnant. With Louis’s baby.

I covered my mouth and a sob escaped my lips.

“Val?” Kiara called from outside the door, “Val, what is it?”

“Can you let us in?” Danielle asked. I collected myself before I spoke.

“It’s, uh, the door’s open,” I said. The door opened and Kiara, Danielle, and Holly stood in the doorway.

“Is it…” Kiara trailed off. I nodded.

“I can’t do this on my own,” I said, biting my lip and shaking my head, “I- I can’t do this.” Holly walked over to me and crouches down.

“You won’t be on your own,” she said, “You have me. You have Harry. You have Kiara, Danielle, and Perrie; Niall, Zayn, Liam, and, yes, even Louis. We’ll all be here to help.” I swallowed and nodded, “Should I call one of the boys?” I nodded.

Holly’s POV:

I stood up, pulled my phone out of the pocket, and walked out of the bathroom. I found Harry’s contact and called him. It only rang once before he answered.

“Holly, what’s going on? Is Valerie-”

“Haz,” I said, interrupting him, “Calm down. What do you know?”

“All we know right now is that Kiara got a pregnancy test for Valerie. Is she pregnant?”

“Yeah,” I said, “She is.” It was silent on the other line for a bit.

“LOUIS!” Harry yelled, “GET IN HERE!” I heard footsteps and Louis’s voice. There was some shuffling and soon someone spoke.

“Holly?”

“Louis?”

“Yeah?”

“Did Harry tell you anything?” I asked.

“No… why?” I licked my lips and sighed.

“She’s having your baby,” I said, “And she’s absolutely freaking out.” He was quiet, I didn’t even hear him breathing, “Louis? Louis, say something.” I heard some more shuffling and Harry spoke.

“Holly…”

“Harry, what happened?”

“He, um, he’s just in shock I think,” Harry said. I heard snaps, like someone snapping their fingers, “Yeah, he’s not moving.” There were more sounds from the other line and Harry sighed, “I gotta go babe, I’ll call you later and let you know how he reacts after he unfreezes.”

“Okay,” I sighed, “I love you Harry.”

“Love you too Holly.”

Louis’s POV:

She was pregnant. Oh my God.

I just stood where I was for a good minute or two, shocked. When I finally snapped out of it I walked out of Harry’s room and quickly went into mine. Harry followed me.

“Where are you going?” I grabbed one of my bags and packed enough clothes for the days we had off.

“I have to fix things,” I said, “I’m not letting her go, I can’t.”

“What about Eleanor?”

“You and Liam were right,” I said, “There are other ways to protect her.” I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

“You’re going to London?” Harry asked.

“Yep.”

“And there’s nothing anyone can do to stop you?”

“Nope.”

To my surprise, Harry walked up to me and gave me a hug.

“Don’t mess this up,” he warned. He let me go, “Now go fix things with her.”

I didn’t need to be told twice.

Valerie’s POV:

*The Next Day*

It was raining, pouring outside, typical London weather. Zayn and Perrie were upstairs, Kiara was in her room texting Niall and Holly and Danielle were doing a twitcam in Holly’s room.

I opened the door and there stood Louis, soaking from head to toe.

“Louis?” I was

“V-Valerie,” Louis stuttered, shivering, “I-I made a mistake. I sh-shouldn’t have broken up w-with you. It was the b-biggest mistake I’ve ever made and I’m hoping, praying that you’ll forgive me and take me back.” I just looked down at him, not knowing if I should…

“What about Eleanor?” I asked, bring up the reason he broke up with me, “You said it yourself; I’ll be in too much danger if I’m going out with you.”

“We’ll keep us a secret,” he said, “We won’t tell the public and Eleanor won’t know. I’ll even hire as many security guards as it takes for you to be safe from her. I’ll do anything to make sure you’re safe, but breaking up with you was the wrong way to go about it.” He dropped to his knees, “Val, I love you, so much,” he said, “I’ve never stopped, and I never will. I’ll never forgive myself for hurting you like I did, and now I’m begging you, please, please take me back.”

I crouched down in front of him, so that I was barely an inch away from his face and studied his expression. It was clear just by the look in his eyes that he was truly sorry, that he meant everything he said.

I closed the gap between us and kissed him. He didn’t respond for a moment, shocked, but he soon started kissing back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers into his hair and he snaked his arms around my waist. We both pulled away, smiling.

“I’ll take that as a yes?” Louis asked hopefully. I nodded. We both stood up and he pulled me in for a hug.

“A baby, hmm?” he asked. I nodded and he put his hand over my stomach, “You have no idea how happy I am right now.” He kissed me again and I couldn’t help but agree with him whole-heartedly.