Chapter 23: Crashed and Totaled

Valerie’s POV:

Phil took an embarrassed Dan back into the kitchen and I went back over to Gemma.

“So,” Gemma said, “What is so important that you can’t go out of the flat and you couldn’t explain to me over the phone?” I bit my lip and thought about how I would word what I was about to say.

“Well,” I started, “You know how Louis and I broke up last month?” Gemma frowned, but nodded, “Well… we got back together.” She smiled again.

“That’s good,” she said, “But that still doesn’t explain why you can’t leave the flat.”

“Did I tell you why Louis and I broke up?” I asked. Gemma shook her head, “He thought that it would be safer for me not to go out with him. So Eleanor would get off my back and leave me alone.” Gemma shook her head.

“He’s an idiot,” she said, “But continue…”

“Well, when we got back together we agreed that we had to keep our relationship a secret,” I said, “And that we had to keep the baby a secret.” Gemma froze for a second, processing the information.

“So you’re…?” I nodded.

“Yep,” I said, “I’m pregnant.” Gemma smiled and squeaked.

“I’M GONNA BE AN AUNT!!!” she yelled, “OH MY GOSH!!!”  She leaned back on the sofa and kicked the air. I laughed.

“Shh…” I shushed her, “The entire town’s gonna hear you!” She stopped and smiled at me.

“How far along are you?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I said, “But I have an appointment tomorrow.”

“How are you going to go to that appointment if you can’t go out of the flat?” Gemma asked. I sighed.

“I’ll just have to be careful,” I said, “And hope no one figures it out.”

“I’m coming with you,” Gemma said, “You know, for moral support.” I smiled.

“You know, you’re the best sister I could ever have,” I said, giving Gemma a hug. She chuckled.

“I know.”

Louis’s POV:

I called Simon and he agreed that Valerie needed protection. He said that he would have a couple guards for Valerie by tomorrow, which was a good thing, considering her doctor’s appointment was tomorrow.

The others were out in the living room area of the bus, watching some movie. I was just getting out of the bunk when the bus lurched and swerved. I fell out of my bunk and landed on the floor with a thud, yelling out. There was a crash and the bus came to a sudden stop.

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?” Paul yelled from the other room. I rolled over and groaned. I hadn’t hit anything on the way down from the bunk, but I had landed on my arm. I heard footsteps from the other room and Liam came into view.

“Are you okay Louis?” Liam asked. I sent him a look.

“Oh yeah,” I said sarcastically, “I’m perfectly fine. I just fell from the top fucking bunk and landed on my arm, but I’m fine.” Liam rolled his eyes and helped me stand up.

“Don’t be like that,” he scolded. I took a deep breath.

“Sorry,” I said, “But my arm does hurt like hell. What happened anyways?” Liam furrowed his eyebrows.

“It looks like the bus hit something,” he said, “…or someone.” We both walked out to the others, who were looking out of the door.

“BOYS!” Paul yelled from outside, “CLOSE THE DOOR AND WAIT FOR ME TO COME BACK IN.” Liam reached out for the handle of the door and closed it, forcing Harry, Niall, and Zayn to back up so they wouldn’t hit their heads.

“Just sit down guys,” Liam said, “And don’t aggravate Paul.” They did as they were told and Liam walked over to the fridge. He opened the freezer, pulled out an ice pack, and handed it to me, “Just ice your arm for now,” he said, “It’s all we can do until we know what’s going on.” I nodded and put the ice on my arm. I hissed as the coldness touched my skin. The door opened and Paul walked in, muttering curses under his breath.

“What’s going on?” Zayn asked. Paul turned to look at us.

“We hit a car,” he said, pulling out his phone, “And it really doesn’t look good for the driver.”

“How bad is it?” Liam asked. Paul held up a finger as he called someone. He walked out of the room as he started talking. I walked over to the door and opened it.

“Louis-” Liam started.

“Are you the least bit curious Liam?” I asked, “Come on, just one look.” Liam paused before sighing and following me out of the bus. We were in the middle of an empty road. No buildings around, no cars, nothing. We were pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Liam and I walked around to the front of the bus to look at the car we hit.

The car was totaled. It would be a miracle if the driver survived this. The bus hadn’t been damaged much, only a dent at most.

I walked over to the side of the car, curiosity getting the better of me, and bent down to look at the driver.

Holy shit…

It was Eleanor.