Chapter 4: Skype Call

Louis’s POV:

          “Okay, the room arrangements are as follows,” Paul said, “Harry, Louis, and Niall, you guys are in the first room. Liam and Zayn, you get the last one.” He handed over the room keys. Harry and I exchanged glances, before racing off to the room, leaving Niall behind.

          “No way you’re gonna win Haz!” I yelled, running up the stairs, pushing Harry to the side.

          “Hey!”

          “Sucka!” I burst through the door to our floor and ran to our room, “I WIN!” Harry caught up to me, out of breath and holding his side. He glared at me, “What?”

          “Thank you so much for pushing me into the railing,” he said, sarcasm heavy in his voice. I chuckled and opened the door, only to find that Niall had beat us to the room.

          “You know, there is such a thing as an elevator,” he said. Niall was laying on one of the two beds, smirking at the two of us, “By the way, you two are sharing the other bed.” I looked over at Harry and he shrugged, then ran over to the bed, jumped, and flew onto it. Unfortunately for him, he ended up bouncing right off the other side, landing with a loud thump on the floor. Niall and I burst out laughing. Harry groaned and sat up, rubbing his head.

          Still laughing, I walked over to the bed and set my bag down on the floor.

          “Hey Niall, were the other bags brought up already?”

          “Uh, yeah, they’re in the corner,” he said, pointing to the corner of the room. I walked over to where he was pointing and fished out my bag from underneath the other two. I dragged it over to the bed and opened it. I dug through my things until I found my laptop.

          I quickly zipped up the bag, slipped it under the bed, and lay down on my stomach, my feet resting on the pillows. Harry stood up and then lay next to me on the bed, making sure to stick his feet in front of my face.

          “Seriously Harry?” I glanced back at him and saw that he was grinning. I just rolled my eyes and looked back at the computer screen.

          “Oh, Niall, did you call Kiara?” Harry asked, turning over onto his side to look at Niall. I glanced over at him and saw him nod.

          “Yeah,” he said, “She explained who he was. I don’t know why I didn’t recognize him before.”

          “Who was he?” Harry asked.

          “Who was who?” I asked, looking between the two of them, “What’re you two talking about?” Niall pulled out his phone and typed a few things before showing me a picture.

          “This was from earlier today,” he said, “He’s her ex-boyfriend.” I grabbed his phone and took a closer look at the picture.

          “Why does she look so scared?” I asked, handing his phone back to him. He furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips.

          “He hurt her,” he said, “A lot. I just wish I could’ve been there for her, helped her get through it.” Harry and I exchanged glances, wondering exactly what Niall meant when he said that this guy hurt Kiara.

          “What did you mean when you said you should’ve recognized him before?” Harry asked.

          “He went to our school,” Niall said, “Kiara and I were actually pretty good friends with him.” Niall sniffled and looked down at his phone. He didn’t look like he wanted to talk about it anymore. I turned back to the laptop and logged into skype. I texted Valerie to let her know and soon, we were video chatting.

          “Hey babe,” I said, smiling when I saw her. She smiled back.

          “Hey Lou. How was the flight?”

          “Long, boring, and someone kept kicking the back of my seat,” I said, making sure Harry heard that last bit.

          “Not my fault you were annoying half the plane with your whining about how bored you were,” Harry said, lying down next to me so he could talk to Valerie, “Hey Val.” He waved at the screen.

          “Hi Haz,” she said, “Should I go and get Holly?” Harry smiled and nodded eagerly. Valerie got up and walked past the screen. We heard the door open and I could hear the faint sound of a song playing in the background. I recognized the song and started humming along to it.

          “Really Louis?” Harry asked, giving me a look that clearly told me that I better not start singing the song. I smirked.

          “IF I NEVER KNEW YOU

          IF I NEVER FELT THIS LOVE…

          “Louis, this isn’t High School Musical,” Harry groaned, then stopped when he realized he just gave me an idea.

          “WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER…

          “Seriously Lou?” Valerie said coming back into view, Holly following her. I just grinned again.

After that we spent a couple hours just talking to each other and all too soon the door opened on the girls’ end of the video chat.

“Please go to bed guys,” I heard Perrie say, “You’re going to keep us all up.”

“What time is it?” Valerie asked, looking over the computer screen.

“Midnight,” Perrie yawned. The door closed and Holly sighed.

          “I guess that’s our cue to go guys,” Holly said. She reached out to the screen, “Love you Harry.”

          “Love you too Boo,” Harry said, “Goodnight.” He blew a kiss to her and she blushed before she walked out of Valerie’s room. Harry’s phone went off and he checked it.

          “Liam says that Paul got us some food,” he said, “You coming?”

          “Yeah, I’ll be there in a little bit,” I said. Harry and Niall got up and headed out of the room.

          “I really wish you were here with us Val,” I sighed, looking back at her. She gave a sad smile and nodded.

          “I wish I could be there too,” she said, “But hey, the girls and I can come to one of the concerts sometime soon. Perrie’s probably going to want to go before she gets too big.”

          “I heard that,” I faintly heard Perrie call from the other room and I chuckled.

          “Oh you know it’s true,” Valerie called to her. There was a pause.

          “Okay, so what if it is?”

          I laughed and Valerie smiled and then yawned.

          “You should probably get to bed Val,” I said and she nodded.

          “I guess. Talk to you tomorrow?” I nodded, “Love you Louis.”

          “Love you too Val.” I blew her a quick kiss and she caught it before we both logged off.

A.N.:
Hey y'all!
I've been working all day on this chapter... hope you liked it!
I've been sick all day and I can't talk. NOT FUN. I'm sucking on a candy cane now and it makes my throat feel a little better, but not much.
Yeah, so I don't know when I'll be able to update again, it's a miracle I was able to update today because I feel so crappy....
I'm going to go and rest now... my heads killin' me... Until next time, later gaters!