Chapter 35: Hate, Blood, and a Son of A Bitch

Valerie’s POV:

~September 20th~

Being in Louis’s arms after months of sleeping alone was the best feeling in the world. I could forget everything that was bothering me when we were together like this. We could just escape into our own little world, where it was just the two of us and where no one could bother us.

Louis and I were curled up in my bed, our foreheads pressed together, just enjoying each other’s company. Louis smiled as he glanced from my eyes to my lips before he snuck in a quick kiss.

“Good morning babe,” he said, his morning voice sending shivers down my spine.

“Good morning,” I said, smiling. Louis glanced down at my baby bump and rested his hand on it.

“Are you going to kick for me yet?” he asked. He waited for a minute before pouting. He took his hand off of my stomach and not even ten seconds later one of the twins kicked.

“One of them kicked,” I chuckled. Louis just pouted more.

“They’re sassing me!” he said, “When they’re born, they’re grounded.” I laughed at how serious Louis sounded.

“You can’t ground them Louis,” I said. Louis frowned.

“Well then they’ll be in time out.” I laughed again and Louis’s phone rang. He turned around to grab the phone from the side table and he answered the call.

“Hello?” he answered. As he listened to the person on the other end of the call he frowned more and furrowed his eyebrows, “Does it have to be today?” he asked, “I thought this was our break!” He fell silent again, “Ugh, okay, fine, later though. Okay. Fine. Bye Paul.” Louis hung up and put his phone back on the table before rolling back over to face me.

“What was that about?” I asked.

“You remember how I told you that Jennifer and I have to keep up the whole ‘Lennifer’ thing?” Louis asked, “Well we have to go out today.” I sighed and nodded, “I’m really sorry Val, I thought we’d at least have one day to ourselves.”

“It’s okay Lou,” I said, “I understand.” He just continued to frown.

“It’s not okay,” he said, taking my hands in his, “Management should just butt out of our personal lives and let us be happy with who we’re happy with.”

I couldn’t argue with that.

Holly’s POV:

Harry and I had gotten up early. We were planning on walking around town with Niall and Kiara and it wouldn’t be long before they got here.

Harry took a sip of his tea while keeping his eyes on me the whole time.

“What’re you looking at?” I asked him. He smirked.

“I’m looking at the girl I love,” he said. I blushed and glanced down at the table, only to have Harry reach over and lift my chin so that I was looking at him again, “Don’t hide your face. You’re cute when you blush.” Naturally that just made me blush more. Harry chuckled.

The door opened and slammed shut. I glanced over Harry’s shoulder to see a frazzled looking Liam hurry through the living room and run up the stairs. “What was that about?” Harry just shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he said. The door opened again and Niall and Kiara walked into the kitchen.

“Harry,” Niall started, “Can I talk to you quick?” Harry raised an eyebrow but nodded, following Niall into the living room. Kiara walked to the island, where I stood, and leaned against it.

“Did Liam come home?” she asked. I nodded.

“He literally just came home, not even a minute before you guys walked through the door.” Kiara pursed her lips.

“Paps got some pictures of him this morning,” she said, “And there’s probably going to be a lot of rumors and gossip when the fans see the pictures.”

“Why?”

“They got pictures of him walking out of a hotel,” Kiara said, “The hotel that Danielle’s staying at.” My eyes widened.

“No way…” Before Kiara could say anything else, Harry and Niall came back into the kitchen.

“You girls ready to go?” We nodded and the four of us left a note for Louis and Valerie for when they got out of bed, telling them where we went, and left the flat.

We were lucky enough not to run into any paps and we walked past the stores towards our final destination: Starbucks.

Once we got there, we were almost immediately met with a crowd of fans. The thing was, most of them turned their attention to Kiara, throwing insult and insult at her. Niall was trying to get the fans to calm down when one of them clawed at Kiara’s arm. She hissed at the pain and cringed away from the fans. I took her outside and over to the side of the building, where there was a narrow alleyway.

“Are you okay?” I asked, glancing down at Kiara’s arm, which was now bleeding. She nodded. looking down at the ground, tears welling up in her eyes.

“Why can’t they just let us be happy together?” she asked meekly, “I love him and because I do I’m hated by millions of teen girls around the world.” She looked up and her eyes widened as she looked at something over my shoulder. I was confused at what she was looking at until I heard his voice, a voice that made my skin crawl and my blood boil.

“Nice to finally see you again sweetheart,” my uncle said, “Are you ready to come home?”