Dreaming Alone: Chapter Twenty-three

I'm really glad you liked them. How's your day? I'm really, really sorry that I don't get to call you. I've been very busy.

I smiled fondly at Wil's text though I cannot deny that I've been longing to see him. Of course I can't just hold him accountable because he has responsibilities. Responsibilities that came along with his dream job which I cannot steal him from.

My day was fine. It went normally as always—except the unexpected visit from Luke but I'm glad you guys are getting along. I replied.

I trapped the pink gossamer hanging on my bed post between my big toe and index toe as I waited for his reply.

I missed this—I can hear my voice in my head and groaned.

"I shouldn't have said that!" I scolded myself and rolled to my side.

I did tell him though that I missed the comfortable silence so why am I even worried if he'd think that it's him I'm missing.

Isn't he?—something from the back of my head ask and I furrowed my brows at the thought. I guess I do miss him...his friendship to be more precise. He's been my best friend forever. I wish things didn't change the way it did but then I can no longer change that. At least now, we're sort of reconciling.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone chimed.

Dad thought it would be a good idea if we really get along. Guess he has his mind made up with marrying Luke's mother. Though he's a bit worried that it might be too awkward for the three of us—especially for you.

I bit my lip and furrowed my brows.

What did you say?

I told him I'm okay with it and that I guess you're okay with it as well because it's for his happiness.

What did he say then?

He said he only wants what's best for me without making you uncomfortable. You're okay with this, right? Because if you're not comfortable, I won't let him marry her.

Oh hell no. I won't let him.

Don't you dare do that! Don't stop your father from marrying her if that's what's making him happy. I'm fine, Wil. I'm happy for your dad. And I'm fine. I'm an adult who can handle deal with things.

I'm sorry I thought about that. Thanks for talking a bit of sense into me. We're just worried about you. Did you get to talk to Luke earlier?

I stared at the screen before typing a response.

I did. We talked about what happened with our lives since he left.

Huh. It's a good thing that you guys are starting to get along again. Your friendship was something. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

I smiled at his text. Wil's never the selfish type.

Are you free tomorrow? I typed in and pressed send wondering if I can get the chance to hang out with my boyfriend.

I wonder how Faith is doing as well. I haven't heard from her in days and her posts are mostly composed of 'How busy I am' and 'I wonder when I could go on a vacay'. I miss that girl so much.

I stared at my phone for the next five minutes, wondering if Wil's doing something or if he fell asleep since he normally replies in less than two minutes except when he's working.