Dreaming Alone: Chapter Thirty

I haven't heard from Luke since Wil came back.

Wil and I spent most of our time together until he had to go back to work—which was the day after he came back, making 'most of our time' not really that plenty. He even had to take calls which interrupted our conversations.

I don't know why, but it seems like there's something different in the way Wil acts. I tried to gauge whether he knows anything about that night Luke and I kissed but he seems pretty oblivious to it. That doesn't lessen the guilt I feel though.

It's been weeks but I still haven't moved on from the guilt. It's like I've cheated on my boyfriend. Well I guess I can call it that because I don't want him to know.

I don't want to hurt Wil but Luke can make me reckless. But then I can never blame Luke, since I kissed him back.

I hushed my thoughts when my phone rang and I rushed to it, hoping that it's Wil since he said he'd call me about two hours ago.

I sighed when I saw that it was Xander calling.

"Hey" I mumbled.

"I take it Wil hasn't called yet."

"Yep" I sighed.

"Maybe he's cheating on you."

"Do you think so?" I asked though I clearly heard his teasing tone when he said that.

"You know I'm joking, right? Since when did you take my teasing and jokes seriously?"

"I know that you're joking but—"

"Is everything okay?"

"I think so."

"That's it. I'm coming over."

"Xander, no—"

But he already hung up.

I rolled my eyes and sighed before throwing my phone on the bed and throwing myself right next to it. I don't even know what to think right now. What if Wil was cheating? I don't think I'd like that at all. Does Luke think so as well? Is that why he suddenly had that suspicious look when I told him Wil sent me to voicemail?

I never thought of Wil as the cheating type, but then he always had his own world that I never asked him about it since we were in high school. Wil's an attractive person and a lot of girls chased after him before I even met him. But as far as everyone in our circle knows, I'm the only one he gave his attention to.

Why do I even doubt his loyalty?

I looked at the promise ring he gave me. This is proof of his loyalty; he can't be lying, right?

A sudden knock on the door made me sit up and I quickly made my way to it.

Maybe it's Wil.

"So what happened?" Xander asked as soon as I opened it.

I sighed because it was only my brother and I let him in.

"Something's happening, I can feel it Alex. You better spill the beans before I throw you over my shoulder and shake it out of you."

I chuckled at his threat though I can hear a hint of seriousness in his tone.

Plopping himself on the couch, he widened his eyes at me. "So are you gonna talk or what?"

I threw myself beside him and laid my head on his shoulder before telling him everything that happened. I earned a big 'Oh no you did not' when I told him about the kiss but he kept quiet and showered me a lot of verbal nods as I told him the rest of the story.