Dreaming Alone: Chapter Twenty-seven

Luke and I have been dancing and singing in our seats as he drives. He asked me if I wanted to go get masks for Wil and I since he's about to get his and I agreed. I just finished this week's work and have submitted it to my client so I don't really have much to do.

~Ok, I tell her bring it back like she left some. Bring it, bring it back like she left some~

I smiled at how good Luke is with mimicking people as they rap. He's been good at rapping since high school which amazes me until now.

~In the club with the lights off. Watchu acting shy for?~

I laughed a bit as I swayed from left to right before joining him on the part that I know.

~Come and show me that you're with it with it with it with it with it. Stop playing, now you know that I'm with it with it with it with it with it with it. Watchu acting shy for?~

I smiled widely with how much I'm enjoying the fact that we're finally jamming like this again. We used to listen to a lot of songs back when we were teenagers until college. We'd normally sing out loud and laugh out loud whenever we miss the lyrics and come up with gibberish lyrics. Strangers would give us looks but we wouldn't mind because we're too busy laughing at ourselves.

There was even this time when we sitting by the stage at our school and some of the janitors looked at us when he yelled 'Are you not entertained?!' into the void.

"Do you want to have some cheesecake after we get the masks?" Luke asked when the song ended.

"Sure" I nodded as I looked for a parking spot.

"Heard you know how to make cheesecakes now, you better teach me" he said as he parked.

"It's easy. I bet Kate can make you one" I teased before hopping off.

"Will you stop teasing me about Kate?" he playfully punched me in the arm and I laughed.

"You're the one who dated her, don't blame me" I smirked as we continued to walk to the mall.

He just rolled his eyes at me at what I said. I know that he find it unfair that I get to tease him and he can't tease me in return because Wil is nice and all. He's also our friend which doesn't qualify him to be used to tease someone.

At the second floor, Luke led me to a small shop where fabrics and sewed dresses were sold. He submitted a design of his own for his mask before coming over to ask me for the design that I like. I Googled some designs to inspire me and found the ones that I think would look really nice. I even called Wil to ask him if he liked the design I sent him but he was too busy to see it, so he just told me that he trusts my taste.

I'll be wearing a blue dress that matches the tie I bought for Wil's suit so I suggested we have a blue mask with black lace to commemorate his suit.

"You hate her, don't you?" Luke suddenly asked as he signed on the logbook while we waited for the masks.

"Who?" I asked back as I looked at the few people who passed by the shop.

"Kate" he answered as he leaned on the counter.

"Why'd you ask that?" I asked him as I looked into those electrifying blue eyes of him.

"I don't know" he shrugged. "I just have a feeling that you do."

"I don't hate her" I furrowed my brows at him. "I just don't like it when she's around."

"When she's around you or me?"