Dreaming Alone: Chapter Eight

I continued to poke the cute little cake in front of me with the fork while as one of my uncles continued his speech for the newlyweds. I'm glad I only have five uncles (four of them don't like talking too much). He's the sixth person who relived the surprise he felt when he heard about the engagement.

The first one to express his surprise was my father since he's the youngest and I didn't hold back the laughter that built up inside me when my brother pointed out that the groom blushed. It was his fault for having such a reputation with the ladies though.

"So..." my brother gave me a short nudge as he finished his 'so' in a purr-like sound.

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes as I looked at where his gaze was pointing to: Wil and Luke who are sitting in front of us with their eyes focused on the person speaking.

"How does it feel?" he teasingly grinned at me.

I swear I have Loki's clone as a twin.

"It's a bit awkward" I answered knowing what he's pertaining to.

"Awkward huh?" he smirked. "You're enjoying it though."

"No I'm not!" I gasped and controlled the volume of my voice to avoid calling others' attention.

Alexander's grin widened. "I'm just teasing, you know I love you Alex. I'm just wondering how you're holding up. He gave me a call, you know."

"Who did?" I asked and he directed his glance towards Luke.

"He asked for your number and asked me if you'd answer his calls."

I wonder if he-well, this is my twin brother we're talking about so I'm sure he did.

"I didn't get a call from him."

"I'm not surprised. Leaving you must still be eating him up inside."

We stopped for a brief moment when people began to clap their hands for a bit because someone was going to sing.

"How about Wil, are you guys a thing now?" he asked and I almost choked on my drink. "I'll take that as a no" he chuckled.

"He did talk to me last night though. He said he wanted to leave a mark or a sign or something."

"And what do you intend on doing?"

"I don't know. What do you reckon I do?"

"Oh don't ask me," he crossed his legs and placed his arm on the back of my chair. "I already have problems of my own."

"Oh right" my eyes widened as I smiled at him. "How's the secretary?"

I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he shook his head.

"She's driving me crazy. I don't know if she's got something going on for me or not."

"And you want to know because?"

Please tell me my brother's found his match.

"Nothing" he looked at me in his you'll-never-find-out way. "I'm just curious. I can't seem to read this one! She's sending mixed signals. She's going Justin Bieber on me, its nuts!"

"Justin... oh you mean the 'what do you mean' song."

"Yeah, that's the one. I heard someone singing that a while ago and it made me think of her-that crazy devil woman."

"I want to meet her."

"No"

"I want to meet her" I repeated and smiled.

"You will not" he folded his arms. "Going back to the situation at hand, what else is going on with you and these two guys you're with?"

I'm with? "I don't know exactly. Luke told me earlier that he wants to talk to me."