Dreaming Alone: Chapter Thirty-three

I didn't get to see Luke the day after the fiasco at his party.

His uncle called him and he had to catch a flight early the next day to meet with him. Xander picked me up that night, and I spent the night at his place. I expected Luke's mom to lash out on me because of what happened, but she didn't. She asked Faith to see if I'm doing fine-which was quite a surprise, considering that she was never nice to me.

I didn't hear from Wil, but I got a call from his dad who apologized for a good ten minutes for his son's actions. He told me that he'd ground Wil for an eternity if he was still a teenage boy. I found it adorable.

Faith kept on checking on me every time she's free, to see if I'm still alive and doing well. I always had to assure her that I don't plan on killing myself.

I busied myself with work, continuously accepting more jobs from my clients. I'd stay in my room and if I get bored, I'd carry my laptop with me to the porch where I'd continue working until dusk.

I didn't even notice that a week has gone by until I received a concerned text from Xander, asking me where I am and what I was doing the past week. He also reminded me of the upcoming class reunion tomorrow which I'll be attending because Faith and my brother ordered me to.

I decided to take a break from my exile and buy myself a tub of ice cream. I haven't had ice cream for a month and it's high time for me to have some.

It started raining again and it made me groan to have to carry an umbrella around with me. I know that I need it, but I don't really feel like carrying one around.

When I got to the convenience store, I immediately walked towards their freezer and stared at the various flavors laid in front of me. I felt like chewing a lot, so I took the Rocky Road flavored one at the very bottom of the stack.

I took all the time in the world to walk back to my place. I watched as some people hurry around while protecting their heads from the rain.

I had to step aside every time a car rushes by to avoid getting wet, but failed with a rushing bicycle.

Who knew that a seemingly harmless mode of transport would get my feet wet?

Maybe I shouldn't have worn slippers in this kind of weather. This is what I get for being too lazy to put my rain boots on.

I was about to open the door when I noticed someone stand from the porch swing.

"Hey" Wil raised his left hand and waved before using it to tuck his hair behind his ear.

I took a deep breath and greeted him back before going back to what I was doing beforehand.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked and he shook his head.
"Uhm... Let me put this in the fridge and then I'll come back inside" I said without turning to see his reaction.

Wil was tying his hair when I walked out of the house again. He quietly moved aside so I could sit on the swing as well.

"So what made you decide to come here?" I asked as politely as I could but there was something in my tone that failed the attempt to be polite.

I didn't really thought about what I would do in case he shows up, because really, I didn't expect any kind of closure. And as they say, not having closure is closure.

I'm not bitter and I'm no longer mad at him, but I couldn't help but be a bit vigilant around him. I don't even know what to expect from him because I feel like he faked his whole being when we were together.

"How are you?" he asked, ignoring my question.

"Fine, I guess" I shrugged.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked after a moment of silence and I sighed.