Chapter 29

Hannah's POV

Suzanne had to be put on a life support machine. 

Now we just have to wait and see does she pull through or will there be two little kids without a mother

Austin's POV

The mood around the place is very dead. Everyone is worried about Suzanne. I guess everyone knows who she is since she is the mayors daughter. 

Mom has been looking after Kiera during the day and then one of Hannah's parents will come home at night and look after her. We're all trying our best to keep Kiera amused but all she wants is to see her mommy and baby brother.

The baby still has no name because honestly its the last thing on Matt's mind right now. The baby is still in the hospital as well but he'll be getting out soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Hannah comes home every now and again to help with Kiera but her minds always a million miles away. She tries to act strong but last time she tried to be strong it ended badly and put her in hospital.

"Austin?" 

"Yes Kiera?"

"When can I see mommy?"

This question gets asked nearly every hour. Matt doesn't know if it's a good idea to take her to the hospital. Does a 3 year old really need to see her mom lying unconcious in a bed?  Luckily Hannah's here to explain to her.

"Sweetie listen. Mommy is a little sick and I don't know if you can go and see her but I'll ask you daddy if we can bring you around for a few minutes.Then you can meet your brother!"

Kiera nodded excitedly as Hannah pulled out her phone to text Matt. 10 minutes later we were on our way to the hospital.

~*~

We walked to the baby ward with Matt,who may I add looks exhausted. He had Kiera in his arms who was like a child on Christmas day waiting to open her presents from Santa.

"Wait here and I'll bring him out"

He sat Kiera down on the chair and went inside for the baby. Hannah stood by my side playing with her hair. This is something she does when somethings on her mind. 

Matt came out hold a baby covered in a blue blanket in his arms. Kiera got up on the seat so she could see him.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah Kiera?"

"Can I name him?"

This took us by surprise. She'll probably want to call him something like Barney or Scooby Doo.

"Uhm well what name do you have in mind sweetie pie?"

"I like Kiaran"

We all looked at her. She's 3 years old and thought of that name.

"Kiera how did you think of that name?" Hannah asked.

"Me and mommy were talking one day and mommy said she likes the name Kiaran. I like it too 'cause it sounds like my name"

"I like it" Matt said.

So now we have a name for the baby. Kiaran Smith. Everyone agreed that they liked it when we spoke to Hannah's parents and Suzannes. And we know that Suzanne will like it since Kiera said so.

When we took Kiera into the room to see Suzanne my heart literally broke into millions of pieces. Kiera started talking away to her as if she was going to reply.