Chapter 21

Silver slept well on into the afternoon that following day, his mate having never left the room while he slept.

The ebony demon kept an eye on his mate the whole time he rested, making sure to be there should his uke need anything when he awoke.

When Silver finally did begin to stir, Mephiles put down what he was doing and went to check on him.

Sleepily, the hanyou blinked open his still dull eyes and gazed up at his mate as he approached.

"Hey..." he mumbled quietly.

"Hello..." Mephiles murmured. "Do you need anything?"

Silver shook his head no, slowly trying to sit up on his own but wincing loudly in pain when it agitated his still sore and tender stomach with Mephiles quickly coming over to help. Amber eyes then went down to his flat abdomen where his hand rested, his ears folding in sadness.

Sighing heavily, he looked around the room and softly asked, "What time is it?"

"A little while after noon. You had a good long rest," Mephiles murmured, adjusting his mate's pillows to keep him comfortable.

The hanyou nodded before managing to ask, "Is....it too soon for me to stand and move on my own? I just....really don't want to be in this room anymore right now; its..."

"Too much has happened here," he mumbled quietly, his eyes downcast.

Mephiles shrugged encouragingly. "Give it a try. If you can't do much, I can always carry you," He assured him, helping peel away the blankets so he could better move.

Silver muttered his thanks before carefully moving his legs to the side of the bed, his feet touching the floor.

With a hand on the bedpost to steady himself, the uke slowly stood--his face showing the slightest discomfort before sighing heavily once he was on his own two feet...

Mephiles then took his hand so Silver had something to stable himself with as he walked.

Silver was deeply appreciative for his help as they slowly and carefully made their way from their bedroom chambers.

And as they moved, Mephiles helped Silver to wherever he liked, moving patiently beside him and letting him take his time like a loving mate should.

The couple eventually found their way out to one of the palace foyers, the outdoor room opening up to a beautiful view of the palace gardens.

Silver carefully took a seat, tired from using up his little strength all for a change in location.

"Thank you..." he mumbled to his mate who came to sit beside him.

Mephiles nodded and had their lunch and tea ordered while they sat from a guard stationed nearby. He wanted his mate to have a quick recovery and bounce back so they could move on from their loss, and to do so, his uke would need to eat.

Silver just silently watched the world around him go by, his face still impassive and not letting any emotions show through his newly formed mask.

When their lunch finally arrived, Mephiles again had to grab his attention to eat. This light meal was a little more filling, so Silver could hopefully get a good amount of his own energy going again.

Though he did manage to get (force) his mate to eat, Silver still only ate about a third of his usual food intake.

Mephiles sighed but didn't pressure him to do more. This was going to take a while....

And after young Lord ate his own usual amount and they quietly sat with their warm tea as the world went on around them.

"Are Sonic and Shadow still coming to visit?" Silver mumbled as he stared into the steaming cup of jasmine tea.