Chapter 27

The Lord of the manor soon woke that morning and got ready for his day. He remembered that he must be going to see Silver and that cherub. And even though he really really didn't want to, he reluctantly went off to breakfast to join his family and...guest.

Mephiles had arrived later again. As he entered, he seemed a bit more relaxed, until he saw where his mate and guest were sitting. Side by side along where the masters of the manor sat. There was still an extra seat for Mephiles beside Silver, but the fact that Tenshi sat beside him... Like a guard, made his blood boil. He'd accepted Tenshi as his bodyguard without him. He'd disrespected his authority over him and more so, insulted him.

Silver looked up to where he saw his mate approaching and simply said, "Good morning, Mephiles..."

Mephiles silently stared at him for an uncomfortable amount of time. "Good morning." He murmured, finally replying. He eyes flicked over to Tenshi. Scowling at the cherub before sitting beside his mate.

The cherub had the nerve to simply give him a bored glance before going back to drinking his tea.

Eyes briefly flashing youkai red, Mephiles momentarily closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself, otherwise that blasted angel would find his head rolling across the dining room table.

Traumatizing your own pups was definitely NOT a way to get back on your mate's good side...

The demon then took his first bite of the meal, without so much of a greeting to his guests and children, wanting to just get this entire day over and done with.

The awkwardness (among the family/guests at least) was so thick that it could be cut with a knife.

Sonic, Shadow, and the pups all cast each other worried glances before silently tucking into their breakfast.

Mephiles wanted to cast Tenshi from his home obviously, but Silver wouldn't have it. And the last thing he needed was to upset the hanyou further. He'd let this go on for now, but until he could find a suitable reason for Tenshi to leave, he would take that opportunity as soon as it came.

Breakfast ended, and Mephiles went to spend some time with his brother for the day, even with his sour mood.

Mephiles could only watch as Silver left the dining area with that....that angel only three steps behind him, both off to do who knows what.

The demon growled lowly when the cherub then looked over his shoulder and had the audacity to smirk at him.

Oh, he was a dead angel walking, Mephiles vowed, he just didn't know it yet......

The young Lord silently watched his children leave with their nannies soon after, Sonic behind them so he could rest, his own children having kept him up most of the night.

"You okay?" Shadow asked as he approached his brother.

Mephiles grunted. "It's that cherub..."

Shadow blinked in confusion, "What about him?"

"He knows I don't want him here. He's mocking me." He growled. Although it didn't seem like the cherub was doing anything, his brother was very displeased with his presence.

"Mephi, how on earth is he mocking you?" Shadow raised a brow, "The guy just got here yesterday. I believe you may be over exaggerating a bit, you just need to understand that he's here to help you with Silver's wellbeing..."

"I don't need help taking care of Silver, I have everything under control. He's just a waste of resources. No one needs him here." He grumbled, being a little bit childish, or so it seemed to Shadow.