Chapter 7

Days past and Mephiles was actually able to relax. He hadn't smelled the wretched hanyou in his halls anymore and it really felt like he wasn't there. Which was perfect, as Shadow would never know.

So, he was out in one of his many gardens, walking peacefully one day during the week. A servant everyday came up to him, announcing his brother's arrival. Then, almost like a child, he ran to the front entrance, swinging the double doors open see his brother walking hand in hand with a blue hedgehog. He eyed the uke suspiciously. Then his scent was carried on the wind by a gentle breeze.

'Hanyou,' he realized, as his heart sank.

"Hello, brother," Shadow greeted his younger sibling, going to hug Mephiles as the young hanyou that accompanied him quietly and patiently stood off to the side, the obvious uke giving Mephiles a kind smile when his emerald gaze met his own as the two brothers embraced.

Mephiles eagerly embraced him in a big bear hug as well, smiling. "It's been so long." He happily replied, pulling away a bit. He then smiled politely at the hanyou.

"And who might this be?" He asked, not wanting to offend his brother's guest even if his first instincts were telling him to chase the pest off his land.

"This, my dear brother, is my beautiful mate, Sonic," Shadow said with pride as he went to stand next to the smaller blue male, a hand around his slim waist.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Lord Mephiles," Sonic said politely, bowing at the waist in well trained respect. "Shadow has told me such wonderful things about you..." he smiled kindly.

Mephiles bowed in response. "I'm sure he has." He stated, standing straight again. "But please, just Mephiles."

He then stepped closer to the door, as he extended an arm inside his palace home and said, "You both must be exhausted from your trip, please, why don't you come in to rest? Dinner will be served shortly."

Shadow nodded in acceptance, giving his mate a gentle nudge to the small of his back to get him to enter the palace home as they followed Mephiles inside--servants going about to make sure that all of their belongings and their servants that accompanied the two were well taken care of as well.

As they walked, Meph pondered over the sudden turn of events, having not anticipated on being all hanyou-friendly for his brother's visit. But for however long they chose to stay, he'd have to smile and endure. And as the doors had shut behind them, Shadow already seemed to be wrapped up in his memories here. The lord of the manor continued to solemnly walk behind them, politely adding to what Shadow had to say about their childhood home to Sonic.
But other than his blood, Sonic seemed liked a very good choice of mate, even to Meph. He was very beautiful, without a doubt. He was well mannered and respectful, only speaking when he was spoken to even though his curious green gaze held countless questions. Plus, he carried the Legendary Sword of Earth on a sash around his waist, able to hold his own in a sword fight despite his frail and innocent demeanor apparently. And it would seem that Sonic was from a high demon blooded family line, even though he was a hanyou--the smaller male no doubt a descendant of the mortal princess from long ago since the Sword of Earth was now in his possession. That now meant that there were two of the three Legendary Swords in Mephiles' family...

Shadow had probably picked the best hanyou there was out there, Mephiles mentally confessed. He was definitely worthy of respect from a demon such as himself...

The pale striped male was too caught up in his own thoughts by the end of the quick tour of the manor that he hadn't really realized, they were heading towards the brothers' old play room...Which was by the servants' quarters...Which was where he was hiding his most unwelcomed guest.