Chapter 15

Mephiles woke contently and rather early that morning.

He looked over to see that Silver still slept on peacefully on his side of the bed, so he got up and put a robe over himself to see if his children were up. Better to see now than to wait for them to start crying and let them cause a racket.

And sure enough, when he entered the nursery, little Rei and Ji were both up while Meph's little princess slept on.

Both of his sons were just contently babbling about in their own individual cribs, waving their little limbs around to entertain themselves. Both curiously looked up when their father's shadow came over them--both pups giggling happily and reaching their tubby little arms up at him to be picked up.

Mephiles was relieved to find them awake and not about to cry. That wasn't a wakeup call he would've enjoyed. Carefully, he picked up Rei and cradled him in his arm so he could pick up Jigoku as well. He'd let his daughter continue to sleep. And he decided that he'd go ahead and feed his boys the goats milk since Silver was still unable to produce safe milk for them to nurse just yet.

And once his sons were fed and burped, Mephiles checked on his daughter again--still fast asleep--before taking them back to his room with him. Silver was probably up by now.

The hanyou must've been in the bathroom since Mephiles saw that he was no longer in bed. He then set his children down to play after making sure everything was out of their reach, of course.

As he carefully and attentively watched them, Silver came out the bathroom a little while later, the uke having a bathrobe just tossed on his form, the front still open, as he used another towel to dry his still damp quills.

But he blinked when he saw that he wasn't alone, blushing furiously before quickly closing his robe completely.

"G-Good morning," he stammered.

"Good morning, Silver," Mephiles replied coolly. He could smell the bath salts and oils on Silver's fur, meaning he had indeed taken a bath. "Crystal is still asleep."

"Okay," the hanyou nodded as his blush faded, "I'll go and get her later when she wakes up."

The young mother then smiled happily when he heard his pups happily trying to catch his attention.

"And how are my little men this morning?" The uke cooed to his children as he knelt on the floor to pick them up, purring softly while nuzzling his treasured little ones.

Mephiles watched attentively as the hanyou was busy with their children. He couldn't help but look, his fur was still damp and clung to his body, and even with the robe properly on, it didn't do much to hide his delicious curves and legs.

And whether it was because of the upcoming mating season or not, Meph had to admit that Silver had a rather nice figure. That's probably, partially, why Mephiles had even bothered to mate with him the first time. Not to mention Silver's heated scent had been driving him crazy then. It was subtle now and hardly noticeable but it was still there, he noticed.

And he was certain that that same tantalizing scent would drive him crazy again this year.

He just didn't know how he was ever going to be able to tell Silver that there is a possibility that he may no longer be able to conceive.

***

A few days passed between the young family, Mephiles and Silver spending time with their pups before Meph would depart to fulfill his duties as Demon Lord before they all reunited for dinner. The two males would then join one another in bed for a good night's rest as their pups slept in their nursery room nearby.