Chapter 16

During the ride to the festival, Mephiles, half the time, couldn't help but stare and admire the hanyou's new look. But he tried to avoid doing so, not wanting to frighten Silver away.

And Silver was unsure of the constant staring that Mephiles was doing, though he tried to make himself seemed occupied by the passing scenery.

He just hoped he was acceptable to him since he'd never been viewed as beautiful or even appealing before by anyone other than Manic.

Mephiles eventually closed his eyes to help deny him the temptation of staring. It worked all the way up till when they arrived to the festival.

***

Now, Silver was nervous for an entirely different reason. Every time he'd had an encounter with mortals when he'd been on his own, they'd always hurt him and chased him away--screaming and shouting that he was a monster because of his demon blood.

And now, with the incident with the mortal servants and the poison, he was more than a bit wary and uneasy around them now.

But, he would behave and try to enjoy himself for Meph's sake....

He just hoped the mortals wouldn't care too much about him being there. It's not like they could smell his blood like demons or other hanyuos could. Maybe they'd just suspect him a demon, since he's with Mephiles which could end up being a good thing.

He was broken from his thoughts when his side of the carriage's door was suddenly opened, Mephiles standing on the other side with a hand offered to help him out.

The uke blinked in confusion, when had he got out???

He did accept his hand, however, to help him get out...

And when they exited, Silver took note that they were in a dark stable for the horses. A strong light poured in from the windows, which he could only assume was the festival.

Mephiles then started to walk towards the exit and the hanyou diligently followed behind him. As they continued down a hallway, the light got brighter at the end and both came upon two throne-like chairs sat at the end. It must've been meant for them, to observe the festival, Silver thought since he could already hear the uproar of all the mortals having a good time.

But once they were out among the festivities, Silver's eyes lit with excitement and immense curiosity, those amber orbs never staying in one spot for too long as he tried to take in everything all at once.

Mephiles meanwhile went and sat upon the throne designated for him, the demon mostly being here to watch over the festivities instead of actually partaking in anything.

Mephiles would rather be caught dead than have anyone see him out dancing or mingling among the mortals all night long.

However, he quickly noticed that his guest hadn't sat down yet. He glanced over at Silver and fell into a bit of a stupor when the festival lights shone on him, all of the lights giving a new and perfect aspect to his mate's exotic looks.

He definitely had to keep that stylist close so Silver could look like this more often.

And once Mephiles managed to catch the curious uke's attention, the silver male soon went to their assigned seats, going up the two steps of the small dais to join him, albeit a bit reluctantly. He'd never sat in or held a place of position before, let alone a throne.

He didn't know what to make of it all.....

Mephiles seemed rather focused on the festivities, though, which made Silver a little bit more comfortable. He also took note on how reluctant Mephiles was to take a drink from one of the servers, the young lord seeming rather disinterested in consuming anything at all.