Chapter 34

A/N: Hello again, my faithful followers!! I deeply and sincerely apologize for taking so long to update --a lazy spell came and hit me out of nowhere like a Mack truck-- but thankfully, I'm back on the roll! And so, without further ado, please enjoy this and comment ^^

~~~

The sun welcomed the angelic city with her warm rays at the dawn of a new day that following morning. Mephiles was the first to wake, surprised that their children hadn't jumped on him by now.

They must were still tired from yesterday…

He then got a servant to grab some tea for when his family awoke, but for now he just enjoyed the quiet and the peaceful slumber of his mate and children.

Quietly, he went to freshen up and get dressed for the day.

Once his tabi were in place, he stepped into his shoes and went into the main room to quietly wait for everyone else to wake up.

And soon, one by one, the sound of multiple feet pattered into the room. First, Jigoku, then Rei, and lastly, a still sleepy Crystal being carried their mother. All of them were already dressed in their outing attire for the day.

"Morning, daddy," the boys greeted with a bow to their father, Crystal giving him a sleepy wave from where her head rested on Silver's shoulder.

Mephiles smiled at his children after his returning bow as they cuddled against his legs where he sat. The father even offered little sips of tea to his children to wake them up a little bit once Crystal was placed in his lap.

"Good morning, Meph," Silver smiled as he joined his mate at the table.

"Good morning, Silver," he replied. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did," he nodded as he accepted a cup of his favorite tea, "and you?"

"Well," he replied, softly petting his little one's heads as each told their father what they wanted to eat.

Silver smiled, looking at his menu as he then asked, "So, what's on our agenda for today?"

"Well, I think after breakfast we could go shopping at a local market, and head to a bathhouse next."

Silver tilted his head curiously, "There's a bathhouse around here? I didn't see one around town yesterday."

"It's located more in the commoner ring of the city," he explained. "Tenshi took you more around the tourist section yesterday.”

"Oh," Silver blinked before smiling, "Well, I can't wait..."

Mephiles returned the smile with his own before doting over his pups some more, being very outward with his affectionate side now that he was turning over a new leaf.

Pretty soon, their ordered breakfast was brought out, the parents helping their pups eat so that they wouldn't dirty up their clothes before heading out.

Soon the small family left, browsing the shops and almost no one being discriminating to the Demon Lord. He bought his children a few trinkets they liked and let his mate get what he liked. He even encouraged his uke to find something he'd like to have since Silver seemed hesitant to do so at first. And whatever they did buy, a few of their servants carried everything as they attentively trailed behind him.

And Silver had never felt so...attended to. He's never had gifts before, even when Meph and he were together for his second pregnancy, so he truly didn't know how to react when he was given a gift, let alone more than one with each being more expensive than the last.

But he loved that the demon tried for him now, and truly wanted him now.

Mephiles eventually sent the servants back to the inn when they were done shopping.  He then decided to take them to the bathhouse which was a few blocks away. But it was perfect weather for a nice stroll through the city, and this new experience would hopefully bring them closer together even more so.